The MERRY CHRISTMAS Thread!

Hugh Jass

Really doesn’t feel merry right now, but Merry Christmas all. 
Booked in for a COVID test today so that’s a decent Christmas present 🙄 

This is the first time during the pandemic I think I’ve felt a little scared - not for myself but for my 2-month-old daughter. 

Pile the current Brexit shitshow on top, especially given how personally invested in it I feel (I was a Britain Stronger In Europe staffer) and it doesn’t feel like a happy Christmas. I suppose the silver lining is I may not have to go back to work in January of schools are shut. 

But anyway, some positivity! 

Merry Christmas to all, but particularly the resale crew as a whole,@Big durbsand his relentless  positivity, @vintagelaureate who runs the resale spreadsheet and talks teaching, @brandycokewho provided me with the glasto font for my Glasthomebury signs, @plot2pot my resale team mate, @DareToDibbleand parenting chats, @Sawdusty Surfer and @deebeedoobee who tried to help me get into the 2019 festival (I did make it) and especially  @eFestivals who gives us all a place to vent and chat. 

1AA13B84-F866-41CF-AA8C-08C58341AB56.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I have to brake hard, toss my cider out the window, hide the weed, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, all while trying to drive.

Surely at this season of goodwill etc etc all you have to do is slip the constabulary a spare spliff and all is well😉

FBC1DAFB-6081-4BFA-B41C-1DD787BE10D4.thumb.jpeg.64fe9a974a328c1ad3246120ea60f604.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Merry xmas to you all, and thanks for keeping this place alive when festivals have been dead. Back in March I wasn't sure if i'd still have a job or even a business by now.

It's been a tough year for all of us but I'm thankful it's not been as tough for me as it has for plenty of others and i'm still hanging on. And for most of us the shit will pass; it's easy to forget how privileged we are to live in a first-world country.

So despite the tough year I've just dug into the company's money to do what I try to do each year - donate 1% of turnover to WaterAid.

That's only possible because of you lot, so thank you. 

Here's to a much better 2021. 🙂 

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Merry xmas to you all, and thanks for keeping this place alive when festivals have been dead. Back in March I wasn't sure if i'd still have a job or even a business by now.

It's been a tough year for all of us but I'm thankful it's not been as tough for me as it has for plenty of others and i'm still hanging on. And for most of us the shit will pass; it's easy to forget how privileged we are to live in a first-world country.

So despite the tough year I've just dug into the company's money to do what I try to do each year - donate 1% of turnover to WaterAid.

That's only possible because of you lot, so thank you. 

Here's to a much better 2021. 🙂 

Wish I could upvote this! Great stuff 🙂