Volunteering 2021

March Hare

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Hi @Pipine can you remember what software you used to get the notifications to your mobile?   I'm using Distill but it means I have to be at my desk at the time. 

TIA.

I think it was distill.. don’t have it installed anymore so can’t exactly remember but from memory there was some way to ping an email off when the page changed.   It meant having a PC running all the time .. but maybe there’s a mobile version now? 

Edited by Pipine
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I know in 2020 they bunched a collection of cancelled places together and released them all at once in early March (before cancellation) so might do the same again possibly after Easter.

I was wondering if they might do this but when I asked someone on the Oxfam chat function yesterday they said most likely will just be released as and when. Unsure how reliable that info is though

2 minutes ago, abiwish said:

I was wondering if they might do this but when I asked someone on the Oxfam chat function yesterday they said most likely will just be released as and when. Unsure how reliable that info is though

It certainly matches past experience - but "as and when" may not directly correlate to known/confirmed cancellations. Acknowledging/accepting the cancellation request doesn't mean every last box has been ticked on the system to process it and put the place live.

4 minutes ago, March Hare said:

There is a lot of info on here from last festival season. Maybe we should start fresh with plenty of non-Covid 2022 hype

6 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Maybe it’s time for a new thread?

Here's one I made earlier! 

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Havors said:

Out of interest, does anyone know where Oxfam staff entered the festival from in 2019 seeing as they moved the campsite?

Im going to need to take a bike I think haha 

Wasn't working in 2019 - but the Campsite location in 2019 was in the same location as it had been in 2014 and 15 (some minor tweaking, but broadly the same anyway)

In those years we were asked to use Gate B, and specifically to avoid using the routes that would've gone to gate C.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Wasn't working in 2019 - but the Campsite location in 2019 was in the same location as it had been in 2014 and 15 (some minor tweaking, but broadly the same anyway)

In those years we were asked to use Gate B, and specifically to avoid using the routes that would've gone to gate C.

Oh that sucks... Would gate C have been closer? It would bring you out closer to the middle of things? Its down by Theatre stage isnt it? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Oh that sucks... Would gate C have been closer? It would bring you out closer to the middle of things? Its down by Theatre stage isnt it? 

Depends where you're heading on site but yeah, I'd probably have gone Gate C without those instructions.

There was a very specific reason for the guidance that may no longer apply, so I don't know if it matters quite as much these days.

From the Oxfield Gate C is about a twenty minute wander down a country lane, and gate B is about an eight minute wander down established walking routes - its much easier to go to gate B, even if you do get a bit fed up of strolling up/down Muddy lane all the time 

Edit: that said, we dunno if the Oxfield might be moving this year, theyve gone up from 2k to 2500 to thats a fair old jump, some other stewards have been moved from Tom's field to outside the fence as well so its quite possible the Oxfield will be elsewhere

Edited by balti-pie

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

From the Oxfield Gate C is about a twenty minute wander down a country lane, and gate B is about an eight minute wander down established walking routes - its much easier to go to gate B, even if you do get a bit fed up of strolling up/down Muddy lane all the time 

Yeah but the issue with Gate B is you are then another 20-30 mins walk down to Avalon and the such where most areas are located. 

I suspect the issue is with the little country lane, they wont want people on it where possible in case traffic builds up - its easier to walk quickly on that than it is to walk quickly onsite, thats for sure though. i always love coming in gate C because of the whole panorama of it all as well.