Volunteering 2021

March Hare

4 minutes ago, incident said:

It's already been mentioned, but I would remain confident for a good while yet - looking back at the thread from last time, people were still getting places up until June 21st (the friday before gates opened).

Mate, my nephew and I both got in the week before the festival. My first oxfam gig and his first Glasto. It’s not over by a long way. That weekend before the festival there were no happier people in the country than the two of us. I still had my leave booked. Never give up hope.

Edit: because of efests I was aware of the opportunity. That’s why I’m so active on the thread.  I want to get as many efesters who missed out through those gates 💪🏽

Edited by March Hare
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

It's already been mentioned, but I would remain confident for a good while yet - looking back at the thread from last time, people were still getting places up until June 21st (the friday before gates opened).

Yeh I had a look through old threads and that gave lots of faith. Hoping/trying for both me and my boyfriend to get a spot (potentially ambitious but others seemed to have secured multiple in the past), I'm happy to get one very last minute but he would need to know a bit further in advance for work... so hoping to get them as soon as we can but remaining confident it'll be possible for awhile yet!

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Mate, my nephew and I both got in the week before the festival. My first oxfam gig and his first Glasto. It’s not over by a long way. That weekend before the festival there were no happier people in the country than the two of us. I still had my leave booked. Never give up hope.

Edit: because of efests I was aware of the opportunity. That’s why I’m so active on the thread.  I want to get as many efesters who missed out through those gates 💪🏽

that's amazing, can imagine you were both absolutely buzzing. ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, tj95 said:

Trying to secure a volunteering spot for my friend + bf who are the only ones out of our group who missed out on tickets 🤞

Looks like Oxfam is their best shout?

Most likely but also some bar work available I think with Refresh West

https://refreshwest.eventmaster.jobs/events/dQxamMUn7aLdqgC0B41g

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tj95 said:

Trying to secure a volunteering spot for my friend + bf who are the only ones out of our group who missed out on tickets 🤞

Looks like Oxfam is their best shout?

Oxfam is certainly the most visible with largest number of positions and a publicly available application system - but I imagine that most of the places that recruit publicly will have a certain number of drop-outs after the resale. So it may be worth checking Festaff, Shelter, etc as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abiwish said:

Yeh I had a look through old threads and that gave lots of faith. Hoping/trying for both me and my boyfriend to get a spot (potentially ambitious but others seemed to have secured multiple in the past), I'm happy to get one very last minute but he would need to know a bit further in advance for work... so hoping to get them as soon as we can but remaining confident it'll be possible for awhile yet!

Glastonbury stewards are available NOW!!!

Hey guys - I have a Stewarding place to return (as I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the resale and would personally rather do that this time around).

Does anyone know if there's a way I could transfer it to someone in this thread instead of just sending it straight back to the pot? I'm guessing not but thought worth asking the q...

This website has helped me out so much over the last few years that it would be great to give back a tiny bit! 

Edited by Nib

Just now, Nib said:

Hey guys - I have a Stewarding place to return (as I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the resale and would personally rather do that this time around).

Does anyone know if there's a way I could transfer it to someone in this thread instead of just sending it straight back to the pot? I'm guessing not but thought worth asking the q...

This website has helped me out so much over the last few years, that it would be great to give back a tiny bit! 

Hey Nib - you could perhaps ask the Oxfam festivals live chat function? (though I doubt they'll say yes!) I asked them some things earlier and they were helpful and quick

2 minutes ago, danssol said:

This is very interesting- they've never had a recycling shift at this time before.. Hopefully they wont be squeezing 300 extra people into Toms field!! 😱

3 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

This is very interesting- they've never had a recycling shift at this time before.. Hopefully they wont be squeezing 300 extra people into Toms field!! 😱

This was posted on a previous page of this thread and I commented pretty much exactly the same!  With the addition of WaterAid into the field it was pretty busy in 2019

Edited by dondo

5 minutes ago, dondo said:

This was posted on a previous page of this thread and I commented pretty much exactly the same!  With the addition of WaterAid into the field it was pretty busy in 2019

True- definitely thinking I need to get there on Monday now!!

5 minutes ago, dondo said:

24 minutes ago, Nib said:

This website has helped me out so much over the last few years that it would be great to give back a tiny bit! 

Assuming you mean Oxfam stewarding, then the answer will be a flat no. Other groups that recruit stewards may have different policies/procedures.

1 hour ago, LeeHC said:

I'll be there Sunday or Monday myself.

Somebody posted on here that the staff that worked at the on site Co-Op camped in crew camping at Dairy Ground so maybe their recyclers will go there too?

55 minutes ago, dondo said:

I'll be there Sunday or Monday myself.

Somebody posted on here that the staff that worked at the on site Co-Op camped in crew camping at Dairy Ground so maybe their recyclers will go there too?

There is an overflow field not far away from Toms field which they were using last time

10 hours ago, incident said:

I got my oxfam place in 2019 just a few days before the festival.  Definitely get a page monitor set up.. I had alerts going to my phone and no matter where I was when I got pinged I quickly got onto the form and tried to get a place.. just missed out a couple of times but then hit lucky.  Good luck!  

11 hours ago, Pipine said:

I got my oxfam place in 2019 just a few days before the festival.  Definitely get a page monitor set up.. I had alerts going to my phone and no matter where I was when I got pinged I quickly got onto the form and tried to get a place.. just missed out a couple of times but then hit lucky.  Good luck!  

Hi @Pipine can you remember what software you used to get the notifications to your mobile?   I'm using Distill but it means I have to be at my desk at the time. 

TIA.