Volunteering 2021

March Hare

10 minutes ago, incident said:

My guess - and it is just a guess - is that the correlation won't be quite as directly visible - Live Chat probably means someone in Supporter Relations, who'll need to make a note on your record which then gets passed to the Festivals Team to action.

I think this is the case if you email. But following the live chat just then I got an email within few minutes acknowledging refund and profile shows cancelled.

Just now, mikegday said:

I think this is the case if you email. But following the live chat just then I got an email within few minutes acknowledging refund and profile shows cancelled.

Fair enough - Wasn't sure whether the Live Chat would direct you to someone able to make that change or not.

From what I understand there isn’t always a clear time link between a cancelled spot and it appearing again on the site. They have lots of manual processes at the back office and sometimes they bunch up a load of places and then release dozens at the same time

Edited by March Hare

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Gutted sorry 😞 best of luck & don’t give up!

thank you anyway, the help is much appreciated.

1 minute ago, incident said:

You don't need to log in/out to see changes.. Just refresh.

Okay glad to hear. back to refreshing then... as my webpage monitor didn't pick up the change either.

1 minute ago, abiwish said:

@incident and @mikegday did they pop up from already being in the portal? or did you have to log (out/)in to see them? worried if i stick to just refreshing they won't show up again... 

can’t recall what I done so don’t want to say wrong info!! Maybe you could go to your profile page and back to add a festival page, instead each time

I had this a few years ago when I stupidly didn't get my Shambala place in priority, spent about 3 weeks refreshing periodically while at work and finally got one a few weeks before the festival. Every refresh will show the current available list as it is at that moment.

I suspect it'll get a bit easier to spot changes once Campaigner and Shop applications close (I guess in a week or two?), as the "default" status for Glastonbury will show as sold out so can just wait for that to change.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I had this a few years ago when I stupidly didn't get my Shambala place in priority, spent about 3 weeks refreshing periodically while at work and finally got one a few weeks before the festival. Every refresh will show the current available list as it is at that moment.

I suspect it'll get a bit easier to spot changes once Campaigner and Shop applications close (I guess in a week or two?), as the "default" status for Glastonbury will show as sold out so can just wait for that to change.

Okay glad to hear. Don't know why it was showing for some and not me then... 

But I was thinking the same thing re. campaigner and shop closing, so fingers crossed. Just hoping to catch a spot this week given it might be the most likely time after resale... but know they'll pop up throughout

33 minutes ago, incident said:

My guess - and it is just a guess - is that the correlation won't be quite as directly visible - Live Chat probably means someone in Supporter Relations, who'll need to make a note on your record which then gets passed to the Festivals Team to action.

Agree, it’s not all run out of a system. It needs people to action at each step. This is what I’ve picked up chatting to more experiences supervisors who mix with the full time Oxfam staff

Just now, abiwish said:

Okay glad to hear. Don't know why it was showing for some and not me then... 

But I was thinking the same thing re. campaigner and shop closing, so fingers crossed. Just hoping to catch a spot this week given it might be the most likely time after resale... but know they'll pop up throughout

Cancellation deadline 09/05 too might be a flurry