Volunteering 2021

March Hare

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

The distill extension on chrome.

make sure you are logged in and it refreshes every 30 seconds.

It will ping if the site changes.

You’ll get pings if other festival places come up too but it’s a good way to do it imo 

I'm not sure this will work as I don't believe distill will be able to read the Steward word as this is after a drop down selection. But if you have done this before and it has worked I am super happy to hear so!

1 minute ago, rockandnoll said:

I'm not sure this will work as I don't believe distill will be able to read the Steward word as this is after a drop down selection. But if you have done this before and it has worked I am super happy to hear so!

It’s how I got my nephew in the Friday before 2019 🎉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, March Hare said:

The distill extension on chrome.

make sure you are logged in and it refreshes every 30 seconds.

It will ping if the site changes.

You’ll get pings if other festival places come up too but it’s a good way to do it imo 

Great to hear, and that's definitely worth it! Thank you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, abiwish said:

Great to hear, and that's definitely worth it! Thank you.

1 minute ago, rockandnoll said:

Dreamy! Thanks for the heads up

My advice is have your credit card ready. You won’t be the only one monitoring for places. Faster finger first still applies. Good luck

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

My advice is have your credit card ready. You won’t be the only one monitoring for places. Faster finger first still applies. Good luck

Will do. Got a ticket on the secret resale in 2016 and being ready for that was a full-time job so I know the pressure...

I've never volunteered at the festival but the Recycling Crew are trying to recruit 300 Co-op staff to fill what look to me  rubbish shifts that I assume a lot of people would want to avoid.

Three shifts Friday to Sunday, working 6pm to midnight.

https://colleaguestories.coop.co.uk/2022/03/28/we-need-300-volunteers-for-the-glastonbury-recycling-crew/

23 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I've never volunteered at the festival but the Recycling Crew are trying to recruit 300 Co-op staff to fill what look to me  rubbish shifts that I assume a lot of people would want to avoid.

https://colleaguestories.coop.co.uk/2022/03/28/we-need-300-volunteers-for-the-glastonbury-recycling-crew/

Co-op employees only by the looks. 

23 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I know we often say it's all about the experience on here but that's an awful shift pattern. 

Have to take leave to go to Glastonbury miss all the headliners, and potentially only see early afternoon acts. 

The only saving grace is it appears to be shifts roaming around the site so you might be able to see a bit of the live music if you "litter pick" the back of the pyramid field, not sure how viable that is though.

Just now, Leyrulion said:

I know we often say it's all about the experience on here but that's an awful shift pattern. 

Have to take leave to go to Glastonbury miss all the headliners, and potentially only see early afternoon acts. 

The only saving grace is it appears to be shifts roaming around the site so you might be able to see a bit of the live music if you "litter pick" the back of the pyramid field, not sure how viable that is though.

Yes it seems they're hoping to recruit some naïve Co-op colleagues who have never been to the farm or looked into volunteering to do the shift pattern that no-one else would want.

If they're successful though it might mean better shift patterns for others on the Recycling Crew.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I agree. At peak times surely the litter picking will be away from the main stages. That said, if you’re into SE corner it works, plus staff camping, and showers. If I didn’t have a ticket I’d take it.

3 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Looking at the existing shifts on the recycling crew there are veteran shifts that have 1 late shift (6pm to 10pm) on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday. So am wondering if these shifts are being put in as there is a gap between the 10pm finish and the main 6am teams starting.  

I also wonder if they'll camp in Tom's Field as that is pretty busy already.

4 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Sod that! Those shifts should be paid work really. But I guess some people will do them!

Edited by stuie

13 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Would be interested to know which org is getting the payment for them slots. 

I wonder if the number of runners is up and by pursuing this option people are likely to do the shift. You would chance losing a job you’re getting paid for back in the real world.

The shifts arent bad if your not bothered about the main acts!! And prefer places like Arcadia and South East Corner!! Co Op had their campsite in the diary ground last year with their own tents! 
if i was younger I would give it a go better than not being there at all!! 
volunteering and working is a completely different experience to being a ticket holder! Both are great and you cant really compare them until you have experienced them! 
i would struggle to go back to a ticket holder now!! 
id say give volunteering working a go!! Its also great to give something back! 

8 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

The shifts arent bad if your not bothered about the main acts!! And prefer places like Arcadia and South East Corner!! Co Op had their campsite in the diary ground last year with their own tents! 
if i was younger I would give it a go better than not being there at all!! 
volunteering and working is a completely different experience to being a ticket holder! Both are great and you cant really compare them until you have experienced them! 
i would struggle to go back to a ticket holder now!! 
id say give volunteering working a go!! Its also great to give something back! 

You are right. You have to look at it as Once your In, You are In for ever. As long as you complete those shifts

6 hours ago, abiwish said:

anyone have any tips on how to catch an Oxfam place at this point? had no luck on resales or initial Oxfam sign up so now hoping to catch an Oxfam place that reappears. Have set up the Chrome distill web page monitor but unsure if it would be able to alert me to that. Is it just a case of checking regularly and getting lucky?

My advice (I was in your position in 2019) is to constantly say on here you are looking for a space and then hope that one of the kind souls spots a space has come up and messages you. This happened for me with Oxfam about 3 weeks before the festival in 2019.

8 hours ago, abiwish said:

anyone have any tips on how to catch an Oxfam place at this point? had no luck on resales or initial Oxfam sign up so now hoping to catch an Oxfam place that reappears. Have set up the Chrome distill web page monitor but unsure if it would be able to alert me to that. Is it just a case of checking regularly and getting lucky?

I got two places last time by good old fashioned refreshing the page whilst i was working

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

My advice (I was in your position in 2019) is to constantly say on here you are looking for a space and then hope that one of the kind souls spots a space has come up and messages you. This happened for me with Oxfam about 3 weeks before the festival in 2019.

Nothing that the lovely people of efests can't achieve! But noted - thank you.

28 minutes ago, mikegday said:

We Just cancelled two spots via live chat so they may be straight up!

My guess - and it is just a guess - is that the correlation won't be quite as directly visible - Live Chat probably means someone in Supporter Relations, who'll need to make a note on your record which then gets passed to the Festivals Team to action.