Volunteering 2021

March Hare

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

I'm a vet too, but I've nominated a couple of newbies. Sounds like a lot of people are trying to get in this year

Out of interest did you have success with getting new people a position?

I nominated in 2016 and got them a place but didn't have any luck in 2019.  I didn't do it for this year. 

Edited by dondo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dondo said:

Out of interest did you have success with getting new people a position?

I nominated in 2016 and got them a place but didn't have any luck in 2019.  I didn't do it for this year. 

I've got a 100% hit rate so far. Got one in in 2009, then three for 2016, and one in for the 2019 fest. Fingers crossed for this festival, but it's looking doubtful.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help?!

I've got the deposit deadline reminder email from Shelter (today 🥺!) but I've been back through everything and I think my overzealous junk filter must have caught and disposed of it so I can't find the link to pay my deposit! Does anyone have it to share? I've contacted the summerfest email and not had anything back yet.

Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, chelseadisco said:

Can anyone help?!

I've got the deposit deadline reminder email from Shelter (today 🥺!) but I've been back through everything and I think my overzealous junk filter must have caught and disposed of it so I can't find the link to pay my deposit! Does anyone have it to share? I've contacted the summerfest email and not had anything back yet.

Thanks in advance!

Check your PMs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bit concerned about banking approval. I got rolling stones tickets the other day and was paying using my bank account, straight away i got the please approve payment on your banking app, so I did and it still failed ?? , Luckily the website put me back at the payment screen so I chose PayPal instead and the payment went straight through. Long story short is there a PayPal option ? Thank you 

If anyone missed out, keep refreshing the page. I managed to get my daughter a place 5 minutes ago!

Last festival I managed to get myself a place in May, then one for my wife a week later. From what I gather once a place is cancelled it goes straight back in to the pot, so you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I imagine a few will go back on after the coach sales Thursday evening, and again on Sunday.

Don't give up hope, just have the page open and refresh whenever you can.

That was really ridiculously stressfull! Other half managed to secure one straight away, I was frantically refreshing for 35mins and then finally Glastonbury become available again.

my poor heart… according to health app my rate shot up to 112bpm at the time Glastonbury reappeared. 

3 minutes ago, mazola said:

If anyone missed out, keep refreshing the page. I managed to get my daughter a place 5 minutes ago!

Last festival I managed to get myself a place in May, then one for my wife a week later. From what I gather once a place is cancelled it goes straight back in to the pot, so you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I imagine a few will go back on after the coach sales Thursday evening, and again on Sunday.

Don't give up hope, just have the page open and refresh whenever you can.

Just came back on to say the same thing! Buzzing! Haven’t got to rely on the resale now ☺️

Managed to bag a spot for the other half  😊  (I went solo in 2019).

Commiserations to those who didn't...🤞some places will most likely come available so keep checking....! 

It was a bit nervy inputting all the extra deets before the payment page, nothing like Priority a few weeks back whereby I'd booked two fests' within a minute.

My advice is to keep checking the site randomly - (I didn't actually get a spot when they were initially released in 2019) - I just checked periodically at different times during the day / night and got one about 4 weeks later....