Volunteering 2021

March Hare

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Shit bags. 

I think it's safe to say that they won't be able to do the same this year.  Also, all of the organisations share the details of absconders with each other. 

What are the updated T&Cs that will prevent runners? 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

I'd know better than you? I think you've done it more times than me. You've done it more times than anyone lol.

Street/Way whatever but that looks like the place. It is a bit of a lug from St. Pancras.

I meant ' the Coach location ' - we have never used it before - For reasons that must make sense to someone ## every few years they keep changing the London pick up point ## and this bloody year they are moving the Crew Camp {Has to be the 10th crew camp since they started in 1986}

26 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

That I have no idea I'm afraid.  I just meant, if they run in 2019 they won't get a second chance in 2022. 

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I meant ' the Coach location ' - we have never used it before - For reasons that must make sense to someone ## every few years they keep changing the London pick up point ## and this bloody year they are moving the Crew Camp {Has to be the 10th crew camp since they started in 1986}

Honestly wish they'd move the Shelter crew camp. Way too close to the naughty corner. I mean you expect to be a little bit sleep deprived at Glasto but I was a bit psychotic by the end last time.

Not trying put anyone off. Still worth it.

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Honestly wish they'd move the Shelter crew camp. Way too close to the naughty corner. I mean you expect to be a little bit sleep deprived at Glasto but I was a bit psychotic by the end last time.

Not trying put anyone off. Still worth it.

Yeh, that was pretty dreadful....I couldn't get to sleep one night after a shift until the music finished at 6am then was driving out of my tent by the heat less than 2 hours later. 😞 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh, that was pretty dreadful....I couldn't get to sleep one night after a shift until the music finished at 6am then was driving out of my tent by the heat less than 2 hours later. 😞 

Yeah, as much as it's a bit of a pain being outside the fence, Oxfam's field is relatively quiet at least. Apart from Wednesday morning when the police (I assume) helicopter seems to hover about 3 feet above my van. 

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, as much as it's a bit of a pain being outside the fence, Oxfam's field is relatively quiet at least. Apart from Wednesday morning when the police (I assume) helicopter seems to hover about 3 feet above my van. 

Shelter is outside the fence too! 

The actual location isn't horrendous (right by Ped Gate C) its what is near that location that's the problem!

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I worked for Shelter/Avalon events in 2019, 38 people ran off into the festival without having worked which included 9 off my shift. 

I fully intend turning up, and working all my allocated shifts. Not just because it’s clearly the honourable thing to do, but I’m just so grateful to have received this chance, having failed in the main sale, I couldn’t live with myself otherwise. Besides, I’ve done bar work before, I’m kinda looking forward to something a bit different at Glastonbury this time round. I think it will be great. 
Fingers crossed my allocated shifts don’t create to many nightmare clashes for me, but am prepared for that.

• Upvote 4

On 3/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yes, received mine, and have paid my deposit. Have to say, the terms and conditions were written in a rather overbearing tone. Sounds very much like they’ve had a lot of issues in the past with people not turning up for their shifts. However... over the moon to be going. Despite having the place agreed, and it being rolled over for two years, until I receive today’s email I was very nervous.

Cannot wait. Getting on to that site again is going to be epic. Tears will be shed.

Nice to see you back around these part ToS 🙂

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I worked for Shelter/Avalon events in 2019, 38 people ran off into the festival without having worked which included 9 off my shift. 

I honestly don't understand why people are so short sighted, you've closed off a really good backup way into Glastonbury for the sake of missing one headliner.

9 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I took that to mean that those specific people won't have a shift again.

10 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Who here has been confirmed by Fiona for the Recycling Crew?

It’s my first year on Recycling crew via Bhopal Medical Appeal.  I’ve had one email from Fiona saying I was successful in getting a place and I filled in the online forms but haven’t heard anything since.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Pipine said:

It’s my first year on Recycling crew via Bhopal Medical Appeal.  I’ve had one email from Fiona saying I was successful in getting a place and I filled in the online forms but haven’t heard anything since.

Yeah that will bethat - you will probably get an email from Bhopal as well asking what tshirt size you want for their tshirt too.

37 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

I have but am a vet so maybe earlier than others, was told to expect shifts in April.

Likewise. My application is marked as complete and I have a place and await my shifts in April. Fingers crossed as always for the pre-festival ones. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

For anyone who's waiting on the Oxfam Pubic applications opening, this just came through..

image.png.821a9a3ac31e82230b762c8d0da7df21.png

Thanks for the heads up. 

I look forward to seeing lots of successful people on this thread! 

56 minutes ago, stuie said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

I look forward to seeing lots of successful people on this thread! 

It's an interesting date - it puts it close enough that someone who's successful in the Coach Resale could (if they're on the ball) cancel penalty free within the one week deadline, so don't know if that'll increase the number of people trying or not.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

It's an interesting date - it puts it close enough that someone who's successful in the Coach Resale could (if they're on the ball) cancel penalty free within the one week deadline, so don't know if that'll increase the number of people trying or not.

Like things Glasto related (ticket returns etc etc) I’d love to see the raw data and play around on a spreadsheet with it. Oh yes, that would right up my street 

15 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Like things Glasto related (ticket returns etc etc) I’d love to see the raw data and play around on a spreadsheet with it. Oh yes, that would right up my street 

Could have some full on Pivot Table action with that..

2 hours ago, incident said:

I hadn't thought of it that way round.  But if I don't get a place I'll be trying my arse off in the coach and main resale 😄

Working is my first choice as I have friends that do and I want to do that Monday and Tuesday all over again! But, essentially there are 3 more bites of the cherry.