Volunteering 2021

March Hare

I’ll be new this year, was supposed to work in 2020 but for obvious reasons I never. Quite looking forward to it actually a different take on the festival 🙂 I found it fairly easy to get a spot when the slots opened up last year. What do people think the chances are this year of securing a spot? 

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, EFC1996 said:

I’ll be new this year, was supposed to work in 2020 but for obvious reasons I never. Quite looking forward to it actually a different take on the festival 🙂 I found it fairly easy to get a spot when the slots opened up last year. What do people think the chances are this year of securing a spot? 

Hopefully good! 

#nsno

I’m optimistic that it’s going to be easier this year. And that’s based on zero science. Just a hunch

6 hours ago, March Hare said:

I’m optimistic that it’s going to be easier this year. And that’s based on zero science. Just a hunch

I’ll trust your gut and optimism. They did send an email to say that they are taking on more volunteers than ever though which is positive. One week until crunch time 

• Upvote 1

Hi. We are in the same boat with Oxfam. We volunteered for the first time last year, but both were cancelled. Hoping we are able to get places tomorrow for Glasto and Download. Good luck x

1 hour ago, Jensescapade said:

Hi. We are in the same boat with Oxfam. We volunteered for the first time last year, but both were cancelled. Hoping we are able to get places tomorrow for Glasto and Download. Good luck x

You’ll be fine getting a place tomorrow! Thank you, I’m feeling optimistic so hopefully see you there!

Just trying to remember back to how the Oxfam website works on the day. Is it a question of constantly refreshing the whole website to get in or do you go into the website and keep clicking on the festival you want to volunteer for? Thanks

Edited by gazzared

18 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Just trying to remember back to how the Oxfam website works on the day. Is it a question of constantly refreshing the whole website to get in or do you go into the website and keep clicking on the festival you want to volunteer for? Thanks

tomorrow is for priority stewards, so itll be a matter of waiting for it to become live, and then picking your festivals from there. Glastonbury wont fill up with priority only, so it wont need to be fastest finger first - i think Bearded Theory and a couple of others are quickest to go cos there's only a hundred or so slots.

glastonbury has a couple of thousand of spaces, and more than that this year, as the amount of stewards required has gone up. Which is a good thing for those of us wanting in! 

link for the login page: 

https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/

Edited by balti-pie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i think Bearded Theory and a couple of others are quickest to go cos there's only a hundred or so slots.

Yeah- probably only Bearded (I think a bit over a hundred spots), 2000 Trees (less than a hundred), and The Long Road (not much more than 20) are the ones likely to fill up tomorrow. Maybe with a small question mark on TLR just because it's moved to the August Bank Holiday weekend and so there may not be as much interest (previously it was a couple weeks later with no competition so everyone wanted it).

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Once you log in to the site the process is basically refresh until the list of festivals is populated - select your festival, select the role, then put in your card details. There's really not much to it. You should (or at least, I can) be able to log in now and see the unpopulated list so you know what you're working with.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah- probably only Bearded (I think a bit over a hundred spots), 2000 Trees (less than a hundred), and The Long Road (not much more than 20) are the ones likely to fill up tomorrow. Maybe with a small question mark on TLR just because it's moved to the August Bank Holiday weekend and so there may not be as much interest (previously it was a couple weeks later with no competition so everyone wanted it).

Once you log in to the site the process is basically refresh until the list of festivals is populated - select your festival, select the role, then put in your card details. There's really not much to it. You should (or at least, I can) be able to log in now and see the unpopulated list so you know what you're working with.

Yeah I can log in now , just couldn't remember if it was the constant refresh to actually get into the website or refreshing once logged in. As normal iam overthinking everything 🤣🤣🤣

Myself and the other half are confirmed for Festaff. They’re not as yet opening to new applicants (three quarts of places were carried over from 2020 and the others have been as invitation only for those who did festivals in 21). 

we also both had priority for Oxfam but won’t be using that obvs