Volunteering 2021

March Hare

52 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

In my case, I know one set of the lockups organisers, and got asked if I'd be interested in filling in when they were short on volunteers one year! 

The groups that run the lockups are listed here http://www.festivallockups.org.uk/

Might be worth asking Crazyfool how he got on a shortlist?

I was tagged in a post on fb at the lockups by @Funkyfairy! With my hat on 🙂 the lockup organiser said we were nice customers and it went from there … so maybe that might be my destiny 🙂 thanks very much for the info … I kind of just assumed the workers camped around the individual lockups and wasn’t aware they were in dairy . 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was tagged in a post on fb at the lockups by @Funkyfairy! With my hat on 🙂 the lockup organiser said we were nice customers and it went from there … so maybe that might be my destiny 🙂 thanks very much for the info … I kind of just assumed the workers camped around the individual lockups and wasn’t aware they were in dairy

Ah right! Something I didn't mention, is that each peace group normally looks after the same set of lockups each festival.

So if your group happens to be the ones assigned to the lockups over by Theatre & Circus, that's a bit of a hike if you're going from the campsite!

Edited by deepkittycaz

Finally time to start taking the occasional squint at the forum again. Its a few weeks too soon but i have been checking the inbox for a shelter email. Hoping the space is carried over again.. just hopeful checking on a daily basis looking for that confirmation! 🙂 

top tip and yearly reminder (to myself) ,, get tent up before cracking a cold one

10 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Not the Acoustic bar 

They won't allow you in when the fests  starts ; There not getting my hard eared money

Ah yes forgot about that from 2019. I was lucky in 2016 as I had a pass for that bar and as it was a muddy year was a nice place to get a sit down.

5 hours ago, garc1a said:

Finally time to start taking the occasional squint at the forum again. Its a few weeks too soon but i have been checking the inbox for a shelter email. Hoping the space is carried over again.. just hopeful checking on a daily basis looking for that confirmation! 🙂 

top tip and yearly reminder (to myself) ,, get tent up before cracking a cold one

They said spaces were carried over whenever they last contacted me about cancelling so should presumably still be the case. Having said that I can no longer go 

6 hours ago, garc1a said:

get tent up before cracking a cold one

Absolutely 100% this. It’s the anticipation that makes it! The carrying, the pitching, the sorting out of everything, and then finally sitting as the king/queen of your patch and cracking one open to enjoy and watch everyone else swearing at their tent poles and blowing up their mattresses 😂

11 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Is that a current picture?

Doesn't look like it but was sent out with the email.

The relevance is that is where our secure camping area is, in the same area as CTM.

Always a bit of a trek back at the end of the night......

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Oxfam Priority email invite cant be far off...

They sent the email out confirming if you had priority status late last year. Some of the chat I've seen suggests applications might be later than it would be in a normal year but earlier than last year (which was April).

They've just said "early 2022" which could be anywhere between now and March.

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They sent the email out confirming if you had priority status late last year. Some of the chat I've seen suggests applications might be later than it would be in a normal year but earlier than last year (which was April).

They've just said "early 2022" which could be anywhere between now and March.

I can't remember where I saw this, but I'm sure I've seen it suggested that the (very provisional) target is/was Priority in the last week of Feb, and General in the first week of March.

Not had anything from WaterAid yet and hope to go back as a repeat offender. Must be due to open applications soon..

The weird thing about going to Worthy Pastures with them was being able to walk up the side of the skate park to the pub in Pilton for a few pints. Takes no time at all when there ain't a massive fence in your way.