Volunteering 2021

March Hare

On 1/14/2022 at 5:19 PM, dondo said:

I've asked for the pre festival shifts but they are always over subscribed. In 2019 I think I got my 4th preference 

Likewise for Oxfam, would love pre festival shifts but they are hard to come by. That said last time, a group of friends of fiends got them and they had never volunteered before.  So it really is down to luck.

23 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Likewise for Oxfam, would love pre festival shifts but they are hard to come by. That said last time, a group of friends of fiends got them and they had never volunteered before.  So it really is down to luck.

Never got one in 16 years of volunteering with them 😫

49 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Either way I'll head down beforehand as really enjoy exploring the site and discovering the crew bars!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dondo said:

Either way I'll head down beforehand as really enjoy exploring the site and discovering the crew bars!

I’m heading down on the Monday this year for this exact reason 😊 and I really really cannot wait! 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, dondo said:

We’ve booked a hotel in Bristol on the Sunday night. Monday morning, no alarm, brunch somewhere in the city centre, casual drive into the site just after lunch time. Better than driving all the way from North West and then pitching the tent after a long journey.  Looking forward to it already.

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Hoping to get another Oxfam place as it was brilliant in 2019. Left my house from Ellesmere Port on the Monday at 10am and 3 and a half hours later with no traffic was parked in the Oxfam field 👏👏👏

Out of curiosity which route did you take? Was it though Shepton mallet?

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Out of curiosity which route did you take? Was it though Shepton mallet?

Yes, I used the motorways and then through Shepton mallet and didn't stop once though just did it in one go 👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

The back way across the moor is quickest ypu just have to get off a diferent motorway junction than the SAT Nav tells you!’ 

20 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Yes, I used the motorways and then through Shepton mallet and didn't stop once though just did it in one go 👍

That makes sense, I ended up coming via a very different route because I thought I could head through Glastonbury town (expecting no traffic pre festival). I saw a lot of single lane country roads. Was a mistake 

7 hours ago, March Hare said:

We’ve booked a hotel in Bristol on the Sunday night. Monday morning, no alarm, brunch somewhere in the city centre, casual drive into the site just after lunch time. Better than driving all the way from North West and then pitching the tent after a long journey.  Looking forward to it already.

Similar. 

Drive down Sunday. Usually stay in a nearby hostel (I work for YHA so get a free stay), then easy drive onsite via a supermarket on Monday. Then stay in another nearby hostel on the Monday so I have time to recover before the drive back up north. 

24 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

My application is marked as complete but no confirmation yet from Fiona Iam in Glastonbury  Limbo

Keep the faith, my recycling mate hasnt heard back either but confident he will, youre a veteran arent you? We are all pretty much guaranteed a place. I didnt do the H&S properly a few years ago & they chased me to tell me.

1 hour ago, marathonsteve said:

My application is marked as complete but no confirmation yet from Fiona Iam in Glastonbury  Limbo

If it's saying complete then you should be fine. The last email I had from Fiona was saying we've received your payment and you've a place on the team subject to your account saying complete

On 1/18/2022 at 3:53 PM, Giraffe Man said:

Keep the faith, my recycling mate hasnt heard back either but confident he will, youre a veteran arent you? We are all pretty much guaranteed a place. I didnt do the H&S properly a few years ago & they chased me to tell me.

Not a Veteran yet but working on it. Fiona has a lot on her plate

On 1/18/2022 at 5:07 PM, dondo said:

If it's saying complete then you should be fine. The last email I had from Fiona was saying we've received your payment and you've a place on the team subject to your account saying complete

Yes I should know better its a waiting game

7 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Not a Veteran yet but working on it. Fiona has a lot on her plate

Yes I should know better its a waiting game

I remember playing the waiting game with Shelter the last time the festival was held. Well behind their usual schedule they were. Tense isn't it.