Volunteering 2021

March Hare

On 12/26/2020 at 8:20 PM, incident said:

It does vary a bit by bar, and by whether it's before or after gates open.

For example I've always understood it that the T+C, JazzWorld, and Acoustic Stage bars tend to be a bit more choosy about who they let in and when, and so it helps if you can get a dedicated wristband from them which may be easier to do before gates open.

But yeah for some of them (specifically Arcadia and the SE corner), any wristband that isn't General Public or Hospitality should usually be enough to get entry.

I was working in a restaurant in hospitality in 2019, but the only wristband I was given was a standard hospitality one. Didn’t arrive on site until the Wednesday but the wristband was good enough to get me into Maceos and the Tow and Hitch. Entire work crew of 8-9 people got into T&H on Saturday night and watched FBS Eats Everything at Pangea from the viewing platform - peak busy time. 
Went back there Sunday night with other friends who had standard crew wristbands and they couldn’t get in, but I could as had picked up an Arcadia crew wristband the day before. 

15 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Was wondering that too. It's not on the list on the website yet

I expect the Oxfam list will go up middle of next week at latest. Might get added at a later date given EE said plan for Pilton Party will take months to finalise 

15 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Was wondering that too. It's not on the list on the website yet

I very much doubt it there is a large group of stewards teams tht Glastonbury Festivals Ltd have tht support local charities!! Pilton Party historically was a Thank you fundraiser for the village so use their own steward and security!! @deebeedoobee may be the person to ask! 

19 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I expect the Oxfam list will go up middle of next week at latest. Might get added at a later date given EE said plan for Pilton Party will take months to finalise 

The list is already up. All the usual suspects with Bearded Theory TBC and Glastonbury and Download showing as 2022

https://oxfamapps.org/festivals/festivals/

Edited by philipsteak

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

The list is already up. All the usual suspects with Bearded Theory TBC and Glastonbury and Download showing as 2022

Not sure it can be taken as definitive until confirmed as such though. As always there's still a chance that things get added as specific requirements for this year are decided & agreed.

7 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Excellent, will have a gander

Someone told me last night that Oxfam rolled over Volunteer placesfrom 2020-2021 but they  haven;t rolled the same places over to 2022 - is that right ?

Anyone know what decisions have been taken by other volunteer places for 2022 ? Have anyone places been rolled over from 2020 to 2022 ?

I'm guessing for Oxfam to get priority for 2022 you now need to do 2 events this summer ? (poor friend is gutted as he was ticketless and out of all his friends he was the only one wgho then got oxfam 2020 places and now he's ticketless and volunteer placeless again)

8 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Someone told me last night that Oxfam rolled over Volunteer placesfrom 2020-2021 but they  haven;t rolled the same places over to 2022 - is that right ?

No - Oxfam haven't directly rolled over any places in either year as they don't usually know exactly how many they'll have.

Instead, following the precedent set in previous years (most notably Boardmasters 2019 but also a few others prior to that) they treat a cancelled festival as completed for the purposes of priority calculation.

The only things that are new is that they've tweaked (slightly relaxed) the priority criteria, and have said that anyone who qualifies for priority in 2021 will also get it in 2022 regardless of whether they meet the criteria then or not.

Edited by incident

25 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

With the change in priority status for next year I wonder whether Glastonbury will fill up just with priority places?

IMO it won’t. It would take a massive change as people tend not to want to do two festivals with Oxfam just to get to Glastonbury the next year. 2020 still had c.1000 non-priority places left and that was with the 50th year hype.  Plus there’s always those who qualify for priority but go to Glasto as punters.

Edited by March Hare

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Anyone know what decisions have been taken by other volunteer places for 2022 ? Have anyone places been rolled over from 2020 to 2022 ?

I'm guessing for Oxfam to get priority for 2022 you now need to do 2 events this summer ? (poor friend is gutted as he was ticketless and out of all his friends he was the only one wgho then got oxfam 2020 places and now he's ticketless and volunteer placeless again)

Shelter rolled their 2020 places directly into 2021, and have done the same again for next year

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Had he applied to volunteer at any other festivals with Oxfam in 2020 or was it just Glastonbury? If he had committed to 2 or more in 2020 he will have retained priority status for 2022, which thankfully I have too! 😀 

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

If you booked onto two in 2020 you get priority or keep priority if you already had it.  So your mate will have to do two this year to get priority in 2022.

Then next year, if he does Glasto and one other, he keeps priority for the next year.  Gives you a fall back plan on T-day.

4 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

I very much doubt it there is a large group of stewards teams tht Glastonbury Festivals Ltd have tht support local charities!! Pilton Party historically was a Thank you fundraiser for the village so use their own steward and security!! @deebeedoobee may be the person to ask! 

That makes sense. Shame as I would fancy doing it with Oxfam.

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Do I play the long game, get two festivals in this year with a double header weekend potentially? 

Then two next year and with some I've done before I qualify for the 7 festivals and then it's guaranteed priority annually.... 

yes

On 3/22/2021 at 3:39 PM, StoneCircle said:

Had he applied to volunteer at any other festivals with Oxfam in 2020 or was it just Glastonbury? If he had committed to 2 or more in 2020 he will have retained priority status for 2022, which thankfully I have too! 😀 

snap! This is what I did! Nice to have priority for ‘22

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Do I play the long game, get two festivals in this year with a double header weekend potentially? 

Then two next year and with some I've done before I qualify for the 7 festivals and then it's guaranteed priority annually.... 

100%. If you can make two festivals this year then do it

On 3/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Recycling crew are holding spots over from 2020 to 2021 and people will get invited back at the end of the year for veterans and early 22 for others