Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK

glasto-worker

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I suspect they might 'quietly' get some priority, now there's an easily-transportable vaccine and more availability of vaccine.

I'm aware of another grouping who are getting priority without any publicity being given to it, so there is that sort of thing going on.

And it makes sense not to publicise it, because just about anyone can self-justify why they should be given priority. Using (mostly) ages is an easy arbitrary line that the public find acceptable.

Government have now slightly tweaked the numbers they are 'urgently prioritising' down from 25 m to around 22 million by moving the age limit upward, but now included in, or added to (not sure which) that grouping is the catchall grouping of 'BAME'. I can imagine they don't want the Mail frothers all over that.

vax.png

Edited by Copperface

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

and gone even further back .... im presuming the new oxford rollout isn't included yet ?

There's not really anything to include at this point. All that the site is doing is a simple extrapolation based estimated potential throughput and measuring it against the priority list and the number done so far.

The number done so far has been constrained by supply and so the throughput to date hasn't been anywhere near the intended capacity.

Basically - it's a finger in the air estimate not official plans. Don't worry about it. The date given could be miles off in either direction.

this is a interesting chart for Wales.

Those who are classed at "medium risk" of severe effects of coronavirus, who are eligible for the free flu vaccine but aged under 65, will also get the jab sooner than the rest of their age group.

Teachers, and non-NHS workers will be immunised depending on what age and risk category they fall into.

-----------

one curve ball is the 12 weeks wait until the second dose 

so I cant see it getting back to normal this year { festival wise } but 2022 looks more likely { assuming GFL does not go bust }

I could be wrong - time will tell 

_116230279_newgraphprioritylist5-nc.thumb.png.7b16bfa672b5ba39d12f8d2fc200c520.png

20 hours ago, Copperface said:

Government have now slightly tweaked the numbers they are 'urgently prioritising' down from 25 m to around 22 million by moving the age limit upward, but now included in, or added to (not sure which) that grouping is the catchall grouping of 'BAME'. I can imagine they don't want the Mail frothers all over that.

vax.png

there's groups in the mix being given priority which are not included on any govt chart.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's groups in the mix being given priority which are not included on any govt chart.

Teachers and key workers now? Or more controversial than those?

https://distincttoday.net/2020/12/28/sage-expert-warns-hitting-one-million-vaccines-a-week-wont-be-enough-to-curb-covid-crisis-in-months/

more bad news - they have to get bloody moving and really get the numbers up who gets vaccinated - 

Ex-medics wanting  to dish out the jabs have complained of the bizarre requirement to submit up to 21 documents in their application, including evidence that they have had any Prevent Radicalisation training.

there is supposed to be 40,000 volunteers who are willing to do it - stuff the red tape and let them do it.

in Enfield its 1,081 cases per 100,000 people {average area in England has 296} sure there is higher places although Enfield used to be below the English average and now its gone Nuts.

-1a-18_1609412115332.jpg.4ec95432ccbea07e6d5e36dfff6074e2.jpg

that site does appear to be updated recently - sure its only a prediction { and events are changing fast }

before it was -

you should expect to receive your vaccine between 24/02/2021 and 13/03/2021.

today it states

you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 21/05/2021 and 23/06/2021

time will tell how accurate it is

1 minute ago, glasto-worker said:

that site does appear to be updated recently - sure its only a prediction { and events are changing fast }

before it was -

you should expect to receive your vaccine between 24/02/2021 and 13/03/2021.

today it states

you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 21/05/2021 and 23/06/2021

time will tell how accurate it is

I reckon with a few more predictions it will get something right 🙂 

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I reckon with a few more predictions it will get something right 🙂 

it can be so variable when you add in the second jab which can be up to 12 weeks apart.

A  Government source said they hoped to deliver up to 1.5 million vaccines this week alone – That should rise to two million a week from early February

Now I hope everything will be back to normal this June but I doubt it will be

so just now we don't have a clue how many jabs they will give each week 

and seeing they are adding so much red tape this will not help them recruit retired medics to be vaccine volunteers. Sure they need some crucial information but they have to cut down this list

37512036-9105999-image-a-4_1609579736441.thumb.jpg.615696187f2df794520ff0adc641da03.jpg

24 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

it can be so variable when you add in the second jab which can be up to 12 weeks apart.

A  Government source said they hoped to deliver up to 1.5 million vaccines this week alone – That should rise to two million a week from early February

and seeing they are adding so much red tape this will not help them recruit retired medics to be vaccine volunteers. Sure they need some crucial information but they have to cut down this list

37512036-9105999-image-a-4_1609579736441.thumb.jpg.615696187f2df794520ff0adc641da03.jpg

To be fair, most of those qualifications don’t seem unreasonable and I’d be interested to know which of these things people feel are not needed or desired and should therefore be removed from the list (imagine the media outcry if ‘unqualified’ people were ‘let loose’ to vaccinate the public)

I don’t know anything about it but is there any possibility that’s some of those ‘red tape qualifications’ are actually just tick box sheets or 15 minute online courses?

I remember in my previous role I wasn’t able to enter some sites without a ‘safety certificate’, which in reality was a photocopied sheet of 10 questions such as ‘I confirm that I will wear a hard hat at all times’ and ‘I confirm that I will not drive more than 5mph’

3 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

To be fair, most of those qualifications don’t seem unreasonable and I’d be interested to know which of these things people feel are not needed or desired and should therefore be removed from the list (imagine the media outcry if ‘unqualified’ people were ‘let loose’ to vaccinate the public)

I don’t know anything about it but is there any possibility that’s some of those ‘red tape qualifications’ are actually just tick box sheets or 15 minute online courses?

I remember in my previous role I wasn’t able to enter some sites without a ‘safety certificate’, which in reality was a photocopied sheet of 10 questions such as ‘I confirm that I will wear a hard hat at all times’ and ‘I confirm that I will not drive more than 5mph’

Point 8 is the one the papers like the Mail and Express are annoyed about.

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

this came out before the interview  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55516277

Boris Johnson was interviewed on Andrew Marr this morning and he has said Matt Hancock the health secretary is taking steps to get rid of "pointless bureaucracy" that retired doctors must complete to be able to administer the jabs.

Only time will tell which items will be dropped

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mine has gone from June to September this year to this:

18/01/2022 and 01/07/2022.

I know it's far from from official but anyone know why it's changed? Surely if they are lengthening the time between first and second dose then more people will receive the first dose quicker.

I would have thought more vaccines coming online would certainly help too ... at this rate I’m out of Glastonbury even if it does happen 

45 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know it's far from from official but anyone know why it's changed? Surely if they are lengthening the time between first and second dose then more people will receive the first dose quicker.

Its not official. I wouldn't get too worried about it changing. I'd also say where you live will end up being important.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Its not official. I wouldn't get too worried about it changing. I'd also say where you live will end up being important.

Yeah I know it's not, as I said, just wondered why it might have been pushed back by a year and a half even within the realms of the website itself. Maybe it's just shit.

It didn't ask me where I lived actually. Literally just age and health conditions so it's a pretty blunt tool.

13 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

This list is insane!

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same for me.

Worried now I won’t get it in time for Glasto 22.