Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK

glasto-worker

15 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Yay!! I'm older, fatter and asthmatic so it looks like February 2021 for me. This assumes the government doesn't cock things up more.

People in your group are going to be a good gauge for what’s going to be happening by June. If you have received your Bill Gates chip by February we know that the rewiring of our brains is proceeding as planned and therefore we will have lots of confidence of being able to party in June when Bill Gates presses the switch that makes us dance. 

10 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

It will be a condition of entry to a lot of countries going forward though.

I mean, it might do.  My gut feel is that it's more likely to be travel companies that look at it as a condition of using the service than countries actually having it as a border requirement, as then you're into pretty significant legislation territory. Companies' terms of use are going to be easier to tweak accordingly.

As an island the two things could be pretty much the same thing for us unfortunately, especially with the event that shall not speak its name on the horizon.

9 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Going to be a quiet Glastonbury if its just old codgers and decrepit sods like me there,

Keep the noise down lads...

I wonder if they'll move the headliner to come on at 7. I like to be in bed by 9

Meet me by the Horlicks Bus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

People in your group are going to be a good gauge for what’s going to be happening by June. If you have received your Bill Gates chip by February we know that the rewiring of our brains is proceeding as planned and therefore we will have lots of confidence of being able to party in June when Bill Gates presses the switch that makes us dance. 

AgR1.gif

the sooner the better

Oxford University's coronavirus vaccine is expected to be approved shortly after Christmas, raising hopes that millions of people a week could soon be being inoculated.

Senior Whitehall sources are said to believe that the Medicines and Healthcare product Regulatory Agency (MHRA) will authorise the vaccine on December 28 or 29. They are waiting for the final data from the Oxford scientists, which will be provided on Monday.

An MHRA spokesman said after the reports that its review is 'ongoing' and did not contradict the approval timeframe.  

they claim It means that as many as 20million of the most vulnerable Britons could have been vaccinated by March, allowing for some restrictions to be relaxed.

time will tell

Does anyone know how the process works? My Grandma is in her late 80s. She lives in a retirement village type place, rather than a care home, but she's pretty reliant on my auntie and carers coming in every day multiple times. My Auntie reckons the GP will call her to say she has an appointment, but I'm not convinced she would remember/be able to write it down (particularly as she can't really see). Should we be calling her GP? Or even wheeling her down to Northampton General? I say "we", I'm in Glasgow and no help at all 😞

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Does anyone know how the process works? My Grandma is in her late 80s. She lives in a retirement village type place, rather than a care home, but she's pretty reliant on my auntie and carers coming in every day multiple times. My Auntie reckons the GP will call her to say she has an appointment, but I'm not convinced she would remember/be able to write it down (particularly as she can't really see). Should we be calling her GP? Or even wheeling her down to Northampton General? I say "we", I'm in Glasgow and no help at all 😞

Yes, her GP will DM her on TikTok.

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

She would likely be contacted the same way as the flu jab .... they say not to contact them they will contact us when we near the front of the q 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:39 PM, crazyfool1 said:

and ive slipped back now 

which makes sense as the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine has still not been approved so they may have adjusted the algorithm  - the sooner the better as I don't like to feel so unsafe.

from the BBC

The coronavirus vaccine designed by scientists at the University of Oxford has been approved for use in the UK.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the rollout will start on 4 January "and will really accelerate into the first few weeks of next year".

The immunisation campaign will now shift to giving as many people as possible their first dose of vaccine.

The aim will be to give as many vulnerable people some protection from Covid-19.

The decision is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: "The priority should be to give as many people in at-risk groups their first dose, rather than providing the required two doses in as short a time as possible.

"Everyone will still receive their second dose and this will be within 12 weeks of their first. The second dose completes the course and is important for longer term protection."

## so its not as we thought so it will take longer for the second dose - but it makes sense to do it this way ##

I can’t get my head around teachers not featuring on any lists and being described as not at risk. 

I’m biased because I am one, but we are in small rooms with a cross section of society for 7 hours a day. 

Distancing is impossible with the younger ones and children forget to cover their mouths etc.  

You only have to look at how quickly stomach bugs etc spread across schools to see what bug factories they are. 

Edited by themuel
Layout

10 minutes ago, themuel said:

I can’t get my head around teachers not featuring on any lists and being described as not at risk. 

I suspect they might 'quietly' get some priority, now there's an easily-transportable vaccine and more availability of vaccine.

I'm aware of another grouping who are getting priority without any publicity being given to it, so there is that sort of thing going on.

And it makes sense not to publicise it, because just about anyone can self-justify why they should be given priority. Using (mostly) ages is an easy arbitrary line that the public find acceptable.

The reality is you can’t publicly prioritise anybody above those that are genuinely at high risk form the virus. Then you’ve got groups like bus drivers, loads of which have died during this, probably a lot more than teachers. Not saying teachers shouldn’t be a priority, just that as stated above it probably won’t be a public one.

3 hours ago, themuel said:

I’m biased because I am one, but we are in small rooms with a cross section of society for 7 hours a day. 

Distancing is impossible with the younger ones and children forget to cover their mouths etc.  

You only have to look at how quickly stomach bugs etc spread across schools to see what bug factories they are. 

When it comes to phase 2 and roll out to the Non clinically vunerable I expect we'll see something more on who gets priority.

It's just a lot harder because the NHS doesn't necessarily have accurate information on occupation so will rely on people self reporting.