Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK

glasto-worker

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest is there vaccine unused most days ? I’ve waiting on a call for start date ... but just wondered if everyone doing the volunteering gets the spare vaccine ? 

From what I’ve seen, most volunteers that are really keen to get the vaccine do get it. At the end of a batch they ring round local GPs and care homes to - quite rightly - offer them first, but I think there’s always been at least a few remaining. Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

From what I’ve seen, most volunteers that are really keen to get the vaccine do get it. At the end of a batch they ring round local GPs and care homes to - quite rightly - offer them first, but I think there’s always been at least a few remaining. Good luck! 

oh absolutely .... thankyou 🙂 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest is there vaccine unused most days ? I’ve waiting on a call for start date ... but just wondered if everyone doing the volunteering gets the spare vaccine ? 

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Volunteers who are being trained to help the NHS with the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine will now be given the jab themselves.

The St John Ambulance says this is because, in helping, they have become front-line health workers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55819364

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So how accurate is this? Says I should probably have my second dose by  September 2nd at the latest, which sounds alright to me. Prefer to get it sooner than that of course...

Accurate based on current vaccine supply and rollout pace .... it could speed up as more vaccine becomes available in terms of supply and more vaccine centres open ... it could go the other way if supply bottlenecks ... unlikely but still possible 

On 1/28/2021 at 4:09 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I am a St John volunteer, I was told to just call my GP to tell them I am doing this. My GP then updated my status online and told me which centre to go to the following day. No paperwork or fixed appointment, just turned up, gave my name,, got the jab

3 minutes ago, not worthy said:

I am a St John volunteer, I was told to just call my GP to tell them I am doing this. My GP then updated my status online and told me which centre to go to the following day. No paperwork or fixed appointment, just turned up, gave my name,, got the jab

I think thats for those giving the  jabs  though rather than stewarding ?  

Just now, not worthy said:

I think it is the same for all St John positions, and I know that local to us non St John Marshals / Stewards are getting jabbed too

fantastic ... thankyou ... I will ask that question .... Im very happy to put in many hours to help out ... but still nervous without being jabbed 

• 3 weeks later...

Although the BBC claimed today

## People aged 60 to 63 in England to get jab invites from Monday 1/3 ## 

Which is odd because I know people on my Wbc Team ' with no underlying health conditions ' and a person who is 40 was Vaccinated 26/2/2021 lives in Solihull West Midlands and there is two others who are 46 Vaccinated 19/2/2021 and 23/2/2021 one lives in Stotfold Bedfordshire and the other in Birmingham.

None are Volunteers in St John Ambulance or the NHS.

although in each case it was their GP Hub rather than the larger National Hubs.

so it may come sooner than you expect - good luck.

5 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Although the BBC claimed today

## People aged 60 to 63 in England to get jab invites from Monday 1/3 ## 

Which is odd because I know people on my Wbc Team ' with no underlying health conditions ' and a person who is 40 was Vaccinated 26/2/2021 lives in Solihull West Midlands and there is two others who are 46 Vaccinated 19/2/2021 and 23/2/2021 one lives in Stotfold Bedfordshire and the other in Birmingham.

None are Volunteers in St John Ambulance or the NHS.

although in each case it was their GP Hub rather than the larger National Hubs.

so it may come sooner than you expect - good luck.

Have spoken to a relative who works at a vaccine hub and he told me that when someone refuses an appointment, they do try to fill the berth if possible but don’t move forward the appointment of someone who’s already got one booked in, they’ll move straight to the next person who hasn’t been offered one at all yet. This may explain why some people who’s turn technically is a few weeks away are getting these calls rather than those who are higher up the list, but likely already have one booked in for the next week or two. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have spoken to a relative who works at a vaccine hub and he told me that when someone refuses an appointment, they do try to fill the berth if possible but don’t move forward the appointment of someone who’s already got one booked in, they’ll move straight to the next person who hasn’t been offered one at all yet. This may explain why some people who’s turn technically is a few weeks away are getting these calls rather than those who are higher up the list, but likely already have one booked in for the next week or two. 

except the three people I listed were not called out the blue being offered a specific slot at a specific GP Hub - they were sent a text which had a link for various GP Hubs for various days and times.

so whatever is going on ' it was not a late replacement. '

it happened to me end of January when there was tons of people in tier 4 in London still to be giving the first vaccination even although I am in tier 5.

Sure there is situations where they call people at short notice and offer them the vaccination but that was not the case with my three younger friends.

4 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Sure there is situations where they call people at short notice and offer them the vaccination but that was not the case with my three younger friends.

It's been covered before on the "shit" thread, but this has started to be a thing since they started doing Group 6 (known conditions and carers) - it's highly likely that either they've got something on their GP record that they don't know about, the record is out of date in one way or another (they might still be listed as a carer due to something from 5+ years ago), or there's just been a simple data entry error at some point in the past and the record is outright wrong.

A lot of this stuff never would have got picked up in the past because there's no scenario under which it'd have needed to be.

or as well as that there's some sort of randomizing selection system at work, because sadly there's now a hell of a lot more younger/stupid people refusing the jab thus making a lot of spares available.

It was always going to happen even for the under 70's group who are the fittest they've ever been and have an immune system of steel!

15 minutes ago, Cooter said:

or as well as that there's some sort of randomizing selection system at work, because sadly there's now a hell of a lot more younger/stupid people refusing the jab thus making a lot of spares available.

It was always going to happen even for the under 70's group who are the fittest they've ever been and have an immune system of steel!

One of my 24 year old mates has received an invitation to have a vaccine. Not really sure how.

There’s definitely a randomiser at work here.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, incident said:

It's been covered before on the "shit" thread, but this has started to be a thing since they started doing Group 6 (known conditions and carers) - it's highly likely that either they've got something on their GP record that they don't know about, the record is out of date in one way or another (they might still be listed as a carer due to something from 5+ years ago), or there's just been a simple data entry error at some point in the past and the record is outright wrong.

A lot of this stuff never would have got picked up in the past because there's no scenario under which it'd have needed to be.

But it happened to me - I am in Priority Risk group 5 when the Government claimed they were working on Priority Risk group 4 and above and I was contacted Monday 25th of January and as I live on my own I am not a adult carer nor have I ever been one.

so that was 3 weeks before the Government target { set for Priority Risk group 4 and above }

so in my case this is long before they started working on Priority Risk group 6.

the three people I mentioned also don't have a clue either.

so its a mystery as to how we were vaccinated early.

17 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

But it happened to me - I am in Priority Risk group 5 when the Government claimed they were working on Priority Risk group 4 and above and I was contacted Monday 25th of January and as I live on my own I am not a adult carer nor have I ever been one.

so that was 3 weeks before the Government target { set for Priority Risk group 4 and above }

so in my case this is long before they started working on Priority Risk group 6.

the three people I mentioned also don't have a clue either.

so its a mystery as to how we were vaccinated early.

To be honest, nothing you're saying sounds especially surprising or unusual.. Some areas are ahead of the national average, and have moved onto the next groups, in the extreme cases by up to 3-4 weeks. Meanwhile lots of people have old or incorrect data on their GP record, or just stuff they don't remember.

I'm pretty certain there will have been a reason your friends were called, and that they'll find out what it is if they check their full GP record.

• 1 month later...

Right Out the Blue - I was sent ' the second invite '

was able to book 15:00 Wednesday 7 April 2021

first Pfizer-BioNTech Jab was Wednesday 27 January so exactly 70 days !!

My older brother had to wait 77 days so it does vary between locations.

EN-Image4.jpg.9ed406f85560c5533c73d7985235f675.jpg

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Right Out the Blue - I was sent ' the second invite '

was able to book 15:00 Wednesday 7 April 2021

first Pfizer-BioNTech Jab was Wednesday 27 January so exactly 70 days !!

My older brother had to wait 77 days so it does vary between locations.

EN-Image4.jpg.9ed406f85560c5533c73d7985235f675.jpg

Seems too be an 11 week gap in my area (though we seemed to be a bit ahead of schedule with the first doses)

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Seems too be an 11 week gap in my area (though we seemed to be a bit ahead of schedule with the first doses)

Its impossible to predict and what they give you also appears to affect things

My older brother had to wait 77 days and he got the Pfizer-BioNTech Jab but his wife only had to wait 70 days and she got the Oxford–AstraZeneca Jab - they both got their first injection in the same NHS Hub on the same day and at the same time - just the way it pans out.

one thing he did spot was the NHS Hub was a lot busier on his second visit so they must be ramping up things.

In my case ' its all via text ' so until that text arrives its all a waiting game.

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Its impossible to predict and what they give you also appears to affect things

My older brother had to wait 77 days and he got the Pfizer-BioNTech Jab but his wife only had to wait 70 days and she got the Oxford–AstraZeneca Jab - they both got their first injection in the same NHS Hub on the same day and at the same time - just the way it pans out.

one thing he did spot was the NHS Hub was a lot busier on his second visit so they must be ramping up things.

In my case ' its all via text ' so until that text arrives its all a waiting game.

It must be a regional thing; I only waited 6 weeks between my first and second jabs. My first jab I walked straight in, my second there was a long queue.