Y Not 2021

Jack.194

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They'll need to commit money soon so I'd be surprised if they can wait much longer

I personally wouldn't expect a free for all on the 19th - it'll be pilot event or nothing at all

I'm doing latitude if it ends up being the pilot or looks like it could be happening 

I imagine they do tbf, 5 week away so surely they need to drop the news soon, they will need to set up. It's same with tramlines isn't it, similar boat but they might be pilot.

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They'll need to commit money soon so I'd be surprised if they can wait much longer

I personally wouldn't expect a free for all on the 19th - it'll be pilot event or nothing at all

I'm doing latitude if it ends up being the pilot or looks like it could be happening 

I think Melvin will get Latitude as a pilot but not R&L. 

5 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

I know it's a really challenging situation, but the lack of update is a little frustrating - at this point, presumably it's purely a question of whether or not Y Not have been allowed into the ERP - Latitude now officially has, so I would have thought Y Not probably knows either way too by now?

I suppose they will also be having serious discussions about whether or not to gamble on everything being good to go from July 19th.  5 weeks to go and so I imagine they have spent a good bulk of cash already.

Just now, FakeEmpire said:

I suppose they will also be having serious discussions about whether or not to gamble on everything being good to go from July 19th.  5 weeks to go and so I imagine they have spent a good bulk of cash already.

I'm sure somebody with more knowledge of the industry can chime in better than me, but I think around now, the 4 to 5 weeks before the event, is when the good bulk of cash starts to haemorrhage? Site setup, build, pay suppliers etc 

Everything prior to now is booking acts and marketing I guess.

2 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

I'm sure somebody with more knowledge of the industry can chime in better than me, but I think around now, the 4 to 5 weeks before the event, is when the good bulk of cash starts to haemorrhage? Site setup, build, pay suppliers etc 

Everything prior to now is booking acts and marketing I guess.

I was thinking same. Its such a challenging situation but the lack of communication is poor. There will be many of us needing to cancel things or make plans due to many circumstances. Loads of people losing money like traders too needing to know. They are cutting it fine.

Just now, KBR1991 said:

I was thinking same. Its such a challenging situation but the lack of communication is poor. There will be many of us needing to cancel things or make plans due to many circumstances. Loads of people losing money like traders too needing to know. They are cutting it fine.

Cutting fine for sure - but I cannot imagine them leaving everybody hanging without good reason (lots of behind the scenes vague pilot bullshit I'd imagine, again - I'm no expert!).

I mean even something small like having DMA's on the bill causes an ongoing headache for them to sort. 

Sympathies with all at the moment - us punters, the traders/suppliers, the industry workers and the organisers themselves. 

Life is a shit sandwich right now for anybody that lives and breathes music. I almost feel like I've had my identity stolen it's been so long since I've experienced live music. 

I have a stack of unused gig tickets I can use to get the jar down from the top cupboard. I need that live music release! 

2 hours ago, A costume of a man said:

Cutting fine for sure - but I cannot imagine them leaving everybody hanging without good reason (lots of behind the scenes vague pilot bullshit I'd imagine, again - I'm no expert!).

I mean even something small like having DMA's on the bill causes an ongoing headache for them to sort. 

Sympathies with all at the moment - us punters, the traders/suppliers, the industry workers and the organisers themselves. 

Life is a shit sandwich right now for anybody that lives and breathes music. I almost feel like I've had my identity stolen it's been so long since I've experienced live music. 

I have a stack of unused gig tickets I can use to get the jar down from the top cupboard. I need that live music release! 

I feel 100% the same - that's why I went down the latitude route. If you can do it (if we get confirmation y not isn't happening) then consider it. I'm making a ridiculous journey for it just in case it all goes wrong elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I feel 100% the same - that's why I went down the latitude route. If you can do it (if we get confirmation y not isn't happening) then consider it. I'm making a ridiculous journey for it just in case it all goes wrong elsewhere. 

Good luck, probably a better chance with live nation involved.

I'm stuck as I have 9 rolled-over Y Not tickets as it's (still) my stag do! 

So you're deffo not the only one needing clarity! I juts know they're probably stuck scrambling between a rock and a hard place right now...

Just now, A costume of a man said:

Good luck, probably a better chance with live nation involved.

I'm stuck as I have 9 rolled-over Y Not tickets as it's (still) my stag do! 

So you're deffo not the only one needing clarity! I juts know they're probably stuck scrambling between a rock and a hard place right now...

I think its futile if I'm honest - they'd be crazy to keep going. Only hope is an early reopening for the 5th which won't happen now with the rising cases. They'll be putting the festival at risk if they gamble too much 

What a lineup for a stag do!

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think its futile if I'm honest - they'd be crazy to keep going. Only hope is an early reopening for the 5th which won't happen now with the rising cases. They'll be putting the festival at risk if they gamble too much 

What a lineup for a stag do!

Yeah shame if it can't happen, lineup-wise, much better than last years which was turgid imo.

I guess it if was totally futile then they'd have thrown the towel in already, large scale events are happening, but I'm def in the acceptance stage (with an 'amazing if it happens' small hope). 

What a majority of festivals have struggled at during the pandemic is communication. Most of them have been woeful to be honest, bearded theory and Glastonbury perhaps the best. Some festivals it's months and months before you know what's going on. 

It is something I can't understand as the likes of ynot could easily of communicated more. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I just booked latitude based on expecting y not to be unable to go ahead - I'll still shift those and do y not if it does happen! 

Enjoy mate, 1st festival since pandemic is going to be an amazing experience. Thinking of a day ticket myself, although a bit far from Shropshire for a day. 

3 hours ago, thetime said:

What a majority of festivals have struggled at during the pandemic is communication. Most of them have been woeful to be honest, bearded theory and Glastonbury perhaps the best. Some festivals it's months and months before you know what's going on. 

It is something I can't understand as the likes of ynot could easily of communicated more. 

I think you are mixing up festivals and the government here. 

Festivals want to go ahead, they need to go ahead, they risk bankruptcy. 

Is there much point putting out the same message everyday or multiple times a day? "no news/updates" 

When there is news festivals are communicating it. Imagine how stressed these organisers are. Glastonbury and Bearded Theory have not done anything different to any other festivals. They've communicated updates when it was available. 

Plus social media for most festivals is outsourced, which complicates it even more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Is there much point putting out the same message everyday or multiple times a day? "no news/updates" 

When there is news festivals are communicating it. Imagine how stressed these organisers are. Glastonbury and Bearded Theory have not done anything different to any other festivals. They've communicated updates when it was available. 

Couldn't disagree more as festival organisers have been ignoring emails, social media questions. The punters are the lifeblood of any festival, even more so the independent ones.

Another example is the communication from roskilde festival to sziget festival(my fave fest). World's apart how to communicate and how to treat there fanbase. 

People want to be kept in the loop with there chosen festival, ignoring there requests isn't the best way to go. 

Edited by thetime

21 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Plus social media for most festivals is outsourced, which complicates it even more.

While that's largely true, I do think that Bearded especially deserve some credit here for being bit more up front about the challenges they've faced, and how they intend to attack them or what the alternatives may be if they can't overcome them. It might be partly because as the first festival in the season they've had to take decisions earlier, but generally I've found their statements to be a lot more open and (as far as I can tell) honest than others.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

Couldn't disagree more as festival organisers have been ignoring emails, social media questions. The punters are the lifeblood of any festival, even more so the independent ones.

Another example is the communication from roskilde festival to sziget festival(my fave fest). World's apart how to communicate and how to treat there fanbase. 

People want to be kept in the loop with there chosen festival, ignoring there requests isn't the best way to go. 

24 minutes ago, incident said:

While that's largely true, I do think that Bearded especially deserve some credit here for being bit more up front about the challenges they've faced, and how they intend to attack them or what the alternatives may be if they can't overcome them. It might be partly because as the first festival in the season they've had to take decisions earlier, but generally I've found their statements to be a lot more open and (as far as I can tell) honest than others.

You do realise the festival organiser only know the Roadmap announcements and decisions when everybody else does. 

What are organisers meant to do, just keeping putting nothing news and responses out? They know when we know. 

Instead of attacking organisers maybe support them in this shit show. They are doing the best they can. Not forgetting most the industry is still on furlough and will be on skeleton staff. They have no income. 

Edited by JBarbour

Uhhh.. I absolutely wasn't attacking anyone - just suggesting that Bearded organisers deserve credit for the way they've communicated at the times there has been something to say. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance.

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Instead of attacking organisers maybe support them in this shit show. 

Asking festival organisers to communicate more isn't actually attacking them is it, don't be such a drama queen.

Good communication in the modern ara, even more so in this pandemic should be paramount. Communicating with there customer base is the first thing in any business.

Edited by thetime

31 minutes ago, incident said:

While that's largely true, I do think that Bearded especially deserve some credit here for being bit more up front about the challenges 

I think they've treated there customers with the respect they deserve. There's a lot of festival organisers who could take a leaf out of there book. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We've made the decision that, if by some miracle y not happens, we will do both latitude and that. I used to do V and Leeds no trouble so after a year off if that is an option, we're making it happen

V and leeds the week after, they were the days mate. 

• Like 1