Y Not 2021

Jack.194

27 days to go! Part of me is thinking "well, if they were going to cancel then they would by now" and the other part is thinking "if they were going ahead, why would there be complete silence?"

I really can't call it - Truck & Womad cancelling made me believe that this was a goner but then Standon Calling going ahead has made me think otherwise.

I'm thinking of switching over to Latitude if this can't go ahead so it would be good to get some news this week.

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

Be interesting to know what's encouraged Standon that doesn't apply here. Could be a number of factors I guess, stability of organisation to cover a loss, ability to adapt to late changes, local council support

Beyond caring any more.

The governments contempt for the industry coupled with the upside down rules (on what type of events can happen vs which can't) is just impossible to try and even understand. It's bullshit.

My advice, if you can, is get onto Latitude even if the lineup isn't 100% to your tastes. It's probably one of the only camping events that'll happen this summer so if you're desperate for that festival experience, go for it. 

I have done - and its more than I expected this summer. The roadmap was always bollocks and they should've been more honest instead of making people think these things would happen and allowing time and money to be wasted. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone had any experience of taking the refund option on cancelled Festivals?

We booked Y Not this year to go to a festival and because we couldn't do the weekend of Latitude, but it won't make sense for us next year, so will take the refund.

I've just clicked through to the refund form link from the email sent by Kaboodle, and it says that "Refunds are minus Kaboodle's booking fee, delivery fee and Ticketplan (if purchased)."

That strikes me as being completely unenforceable, but wondered if other people have had to deal with that?

11 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Has anyone had any experience of taking the refund option on cancelled Festivals?

We booked Y Not this year to go to a festival and because we couldn't do the weekend of Latitude, but it won't make sense for us next year, so will take the refund.

I've just clicked through to the refund form link from the email sent by Kaboodle, and it says that "Refunds are minus Kaboodle's booking fee, delivery fee and Ticketplan (if purchased)."

That strikes me as being completely unenforceable, but wondered if other people have had to deal with that?

Yeah I’ve had the same thing with booking fees on a few tickets I’ve had refunded, I’m just numb to it all now. Another event less summer looms. At least it’s good news for my bank balance 

5 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Yeah I’ve had the same thing with booking fees on a few tickets I’ve had refunded, I’m just numb to it all now. Another event less summer looms. At least it’s good news for my bank balance 

Interesting. A bit of quick desktop research suggests that position is, in fact, enforceable. I suppose the argument is that the booking agent has delivered their service, but as ever, it feels slightly absurd that the person out of pocket is the end consumer, through no fault of their own.

2 hours ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Interesting. A bit of quick desktop research suggests that position is, in fact, enforceable. I suppose the argument is that the booking agent has delivered their service, but as ever, it feels slightly absurd that the person out of pocket is the end consumer, through no fault of their own.

True but from a (probably pretty thin) altruistic point the ticket providers are a part of the festival/music industry ecosystem as well. Them going under won't help  

6 hours ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Yeah it's just part of the course I'm afraid. Although why they are keeping the delivery charge is beyond me. Booking fee I understand as we have used there set up and procedures, delivery when they've not delivered is a bit over the top. 

Will go for a refund, as I can't see me at y not next year.