Y Not 2021

Jack.194

13 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

Well tramlines is 40k (I think) and Y not is around 25k? (and hasn't even sold out)

Someone correct me if I've pulled those numbers out of my arse

6 minutes ago, metalgearcol said:

Ynot is down to 15k this year I believe (and not sold out).

40k at Tramlines seems to be correct though. 

They have the option to do 40k and the first year it moved to Hillsborough that was the capacity. 

But the past few years capacity has been 30k

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Zebes said:

It's a bold move from Standon. Either they know something that others don't or it's shit or bust for them.

Key bits:

- Trenchard said that following the publication of the Events Research Programme first round report, he understands that Covid-safe event guidance will imminently be made available by Government.

“We are confident that all the work we have been doing means we have got ahead of that guidance and we are in a good position when it comes out,” he said.

- A negative pre-event Covid lateral flow test will be a prerequisite for attending Standon Calling, mirroring similar processes seen at the Government’s test events. The results of the tests will be fed into verification app Certific.

- “One of the reasons we are able to go ahead is that Standon Calling has quite a short build time, it is a medium-size festival of 17,000. It only has a two-week build schedule, and so that has allowed us to push the costs back as far as possible. Our suppliers have been amazing. Without them we couldn’t have done this.”

https://accessaa.co.uk/standon-calling-owner-discusses-decision-to-press-ahead-with-event-on-22-july/

Edited by A costume of a man

21 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

In my (possibly simplistic) way of thinking, Y Not should do exactly this! 

Indeed. Standon seem to be adopting the same policies as tramlines and latitude without the government's event programme recognition

8 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

Trenchard said that following the publication of the Events Research Programme first round report, he understands that Covid-safe event guidance will imminently be made available by Government.

“We are confident that all the work we have been doing means we have got ahead of that guidance and we are in a good position when it comes out,” he said.

https://accessaa.co.uk/standon-calling-owner-discusses-decision-to-press-ahead-with-event-on-22-july/

Seems a very sensible approach to take for this year to ask for a negative test. Don't know why the government can't give the go ahead to outdoor events using this requirement. Not many would have much faith in Boris to stick to the 19th July opening

its a bit of a weird one- if they do release some restrictions on 19th you'd imagine the guidance would drop around the 12th. Too late for y not due to contracts etc. The timing is so bad, I'd expect if they happen they'd have to have an agreement with pretty much everyone they'd pay that they can wait til then, but that's even cutting it fine to get everything sorted. I'd love it if they've found a way and Standon gives a little glimmer of hope 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

its a bit of a weird one- if they do release some restrictions on 19th you'd imagine the guidance would drop around the 12th. Too late for y not due to contracts etc. The timing is so bad, I'd expect if they happen they'd have to have an agreement with pretty much everyone they'd pay that they can wait til then, but that's even cutting it fine to get everything sorted. I'd love it if they've found a way and Standon gives a little glimmer of hope 

I guess it depends whether it's mandatory to wait for the guidance before running an event. Seems pointless to say you can run events from the 19th but actually you can't until you get the guidance! I wouldn't put it past this government, but on the other hand the government clearly want to open up as quickly as possible and I can't see them putting unnecessary barriers in people's way once restrictions are lifted.

8 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

I think the obvious point would be that some restrictions would actually still be in place (proof of negative test / proof of double vaccine for entry) to make events safe.

Yeah , that's kind of the assumption I've always had, to the point it doesn't feel like a restriction. I think it'll be needed for events for some time 

• Upvote 1

And I guess the point about that (which some of the festivals have made) is that until the government confirms what sort of entry requirements might be needed, a festival has to gamble that what they put in place will be compliant, or face a last-minute scramble to make their systems compliant.

Standon Calling obviously think they've got a system that will be sufficient.

35 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

And I guess the point about that (which some of the festivals have made) is that until the government confirms what sort of entry requirements might be needed, a festival has to gamble that what they put in place will be compliant, or face a last-minute scramble to make their systems compliant.

Would seem harsh to impose stricter requirements than used for the pilot events - especially as they’ve claimed recent pilots have resulted in small case numbers.

I would hope Live Nation and Superstruct (run by an ex LN boss) don't have the upper hand in regards to the pilot events due to political connections/donations...  As that would be highly unfair to the rest of the industry thats suffering alongside them. 

With deadlines fast approaching for deposits on acts and contractors its shit or bust for events, I'd imagine independent events are feeling the squeeze and pressure right about now.    

12 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I would hope Live Nation and Superstruct (run by an ex LN boss) don't have the upper hand in regards to the pilot events due to political connections/donations...  As that would be highly unfair to the rest of the industry thats suffering alongside them. 

With deadlines fast approaching for deposits on acts and contractors its shit or bust for events, I'd imagine independent events are feeling the squeeze and pressure right about now.    

As harsh at is sounds pal, I think if you get your event going ahead they are literally seeing it as dog eat dog.

1 hour ago, stuartasmith85 said:

I guess the biggest hole in the information available is whether the government sanctions any events at all outside the research programme. They're not even able to make gambles on whether 19th happens because for all we know it could happen and events are still in the research phase. Sounds like they're flying completely blind right now 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I guess the biggest hole in the information available is whether the government sanctions any events at all outside the research programme. They're not even able to make gambles on whether 19th happens because for all we know it could happen and events are still in the research phase. Sounds like they're flying completely blind right now 

I think it speaks volumes they announcing events happening after 19th as part of the ERP. Which suggests normal events will have restrictions, be limited or not be able to go ahead at all. Otherwise why bother. Both Latitude and Tramlines are after 19th. They are both mask and restriction free events, testing before but no test is needed after the event.  

Just now, JBarbour said:

I think it speaks volumes they announcing events happening after 19th as part of the ERP. Which suggests normal events will have restrictions, be limited or not be able to go ahead at all. Otherwise why bother. Both Latitude and Tramlines are after 19th. They are both mask and restriction free events, testing before but no test is needed after the event.  

Yeah I agree- if the plan is for events in the weeks after those test ones to not be allowed until results (and magically in time for reading) then they just need to say. The lack of communication is my biggest issue

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I agree- if the plan is for events in the weeks after those test ones to not be allowed until results (and magically in time for reading) then they just need to say. The lack of communication is my biggest issue

What is confusing is attendees of new pilot events don't need to test after the event, so there will be no outcome. Unless they are being brutal and tracking hospitalisations. So there will be no further guidance for other events.   

17 hours ago, JBarbour said:

What is confusing is attendees of new pilot events don't need to test after the event, so there will be no outcome. Unless they are being brutal and tracking hospitalisations. So there will be no further guidance for other events.   

Not sure any of the pilot events had mandatory testing afterwards - it was always voluntary. I guess you can make entry dependent on a negative test but once people have been and gone it's hard to enforce a test as there's little incentive and a lot of people won't have bothered.