Y Not 2021

Jack.194

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

Asking festival organisers to communicate more isn't actually attacking them is it, don't be such a drama queen.

Good communication in the modern ara, even more so in this pandemic should be paramount. Communicating with there customer base, is the first thing in any business.

And I've already addressed that. These festivals have most their staff still on furlough. They are running on skeleton staff. 

What are they meant to communicate if there is nothing to communicate until the government give them permission to go ahead or they have to cancel. 

There is no money flowing within the industry.

If anyone is a drama queen it's the grown adult demanding social media and emails from festivals. 😄

Edited by JBarbour

10 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

And I've already addressed that. These festivals have most their staff still on furlough. They are running on skeleton staff. 

What are they meant to communicate if there is nothing to communicate until the government give them permission to go ahead or they have to cancel. 

There is no money flowing within the industry.

If anyone is a drama queen it's the grown adult demanding social media and emails from festivals. 😄

Like I've also said I don't agree, will leave it there as we are coming from totally different angles.

if the festival did go ahead, could there still be an option to cancel?

i would love to go but seems really short notice without any real communication from the festivals due to lack of government help

main reason i've shifted my priorities to buying a house, and the festival is weekend could fall within the moving dates, so need some clarification really 

5 minutes ago, Tomo18 said:

i would love to go but seems really short notice without any real communication from the festivals due to lack of government help

main reason i've shifted my priorities to buying a house, and the festival is weekend could fall within the moving dates, so need some clarification really 

No need to write a tweet or 2, as they have a percentage on furlough. Best wait for the day before the festival, there to busy doing errrrmmmmm... 💪

9 minutes ago, Tomo18 said:

Id contact the ticket agent to see if anything can be done. 

On 6/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, incident said:

I've found their statements to be a lot more open and (as far as I can tell) honest than others.

It's not Covid, Bearded have always been more open and honest than others, but I think a lot of it is they have a dedicated fanbase and they're not for profit, so they can be a bit more open, both positive and negative things. 

5 hours ago, A costume of a man said:

Javid addressing HOC later today on whether existing Covid measures in England are to be eased on 19 July, so I think we'll have an answer either way pretty soon.

Kendal said the issue wasn't necessarily on covid measures being eased, but the fact that the Large Event Guidance hasn't been released. Even if they agree to definitely ease things on the 19th July then what restrictions might still be in place for large events? 

13 minutes ago, generationgav said:

Kendal said the issue wasn't necessarily on covid measures being eased, but the fact that the Large Event Guidance hasn't been released. Even if they agree to definitely ease things on the 19th July then what restrictions might still be in place for large events? 

Sure, agree - As in to say we may have a hit a point where the event can't go ahead (because of what you've just described) due to the continued lack of guidance.

13 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

Sure, agree - As in to say we may have a hit a point where the event can't go ahead (because of what you've just described) due to the continued lack of guidance.

Considering what's happened to other festivals I'm amazed we haven't had a cancellation yet. Surely its coming this week? Government  won't be releasing anything til 12th July 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Considering what's happened to other festivals I'm amazed we haven't had a cancellation yet. Surely its coming this week? Government  won't be releasing anything til 12th July 

I agree. I completely get the organisers are having a rough time and it's been shit for all thr traders and independent businesses... I'm doing ynot and tramlines and it's 3 week to tramlines.... Both need to pull their finger out and get an announcement in. I honestly cannot see at this point either happening.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well he's just stood in parliament and said July 19 is going ahead no matter what...

- what that means for events and whether we should believe him, I have no idea.

28 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

Well he's just stood in parliament and said July 19 is going ahead no matter what...

- what that means for events and whether we should believe him, I have no idea.

They said that all the way to the 21st - nobody should be gambling any money at all on that

Surely the gamble would be too great for an independent festival like ynot to go ahead. Too precede now and then have to cancel before the event would more than likely bankrupt the festival. On the other hand if they cancelled and enough people didn't roll tickets over then the outcome could be the same. I expect also should they go ahead then don't expect the line up to be completely the same.

Just now, A costume of a man said:

It's true tbf - 21st June was always a previsionary date. The media started calling it 'freedom day' and all that bollocks. Very irresponsible as usual.

Yup. Regardless of what the government have done or said etc. They made no guarantee on either date. My point was though that they didn't keep say the 21st was definitely happening. They stated as things stand and are hopeful.

1 hour ago, A costume of a man said:

Given that Tramlines is goer, I honestly have no idea why the same rules and restrictions for entry couldn't be placed on other events like Y Not...

ie A negative covid result from a lateral flow test within the previous 48 hours
or two vaccination doses with the second being at least 14 days before the event

Am I right in thinking y not has a much smaller capacity as well? Surely it would make sense to have them as a tester event as well! I’ve got everything crossed for this, I just need me some live music 

Just now, TipToes24 said:

Am I right in thinking y not has a much smaller capacity as well? Surely it would make sense to have them as a tester event as well! I’ve got everything crossed for this, I just need me some live music 

Well tramlines is 40k (I think) and Y not is around 25k? (and hasn't even sold out)

Someone correct me if I've pulled those numbers out of my arse