Y Not 2021

Jack.194

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Zebes said:

Sadly can't see this happening now with any delay. The organisers won't be able to risk starting the build with no guarantee that in 4 weeks everything will be OK and also without any covid insurance cover 😔

There are rumours that cancellation insurance may be announced as part of delay package this week. Fingers crossed for that.

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Really? Where's that come from? I read they're helping theatres but I'd assume they wouldn't do the same for festivals 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/06/12/curtain-poised-rise-state-rescue-theatres/

"Sources said that similar insurance will be offered to cover live entertainment, concerts and music festivals."

• Like 1

I wonder if people will be looking to sell there tickets anyway, or hang on for a cancellation. Spending money on travel and hotels(thinking more about the non camping festivals), also booking time off work and perhaps looking at other later festivals. 

It is certainly in my thinking at the minute. 

How quickly does the campsites fill up here on the Friday? Never been but after a last ditch attempt at a festival this year (I know it’s looking very unlikely but I can hope).

Are the queues bad to get in on site? Unsure on the best arrival time/whether to fork out extra on VIP. TIA 

28 minutes ago, D-Low said:

How quickly does the campsites fill up here on the Friday? Never been but after a last ditch attempt at a festival this year (I know it’s looking very unlikely but I can hope).

Are the queues bad to get in on site? Unsure on the best arrival time/whether to fork out extra on VIP. TIA 

Never usually any problem finding a camping space even arriving later on a Friday. However be prepared to have to walk further to find a space the later you arrive.

Queues are not too bad, usually busier on Thursday when it first opens then again first thing on the Friday but nothing that I would be concerned about. I would still advise to arrive as early as you can anyway.

I believe that the organisers have applied to be a pilot event and were still waiting on a response but that was a week ago so who knows what's happening. I understand it was a 50/50 chance of happening but I wouldn't get my hopes up 👍

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I just want to know now. Would be the best feeling ever if it got chosen for a pilot but I just don't see it 

Don't get what's holding it all up me. They said today theyre going to release pilot data with guidance for events to run soon

Maybe holding out for that? Masks aren't s legal requirements from 19th too? There's loads of plates spinning. Worst case this dosent happen I've got victorious booked anyway.

Just now, KBR1991 said:

Don't get what's holding it all up me. They said today theyre going to release pilot data with guidance for events to run soon

Maybe holding out for that? Masks aren't s legal requirements from 19th too? There's loads of plates spinning. Worst case this dosent happen I've got victorious booked anyway.

They'll need to commit money soon so I'd be surprised if they can wait much longer

I personally wouldn't expect a free for all on the 19th - it'll be pilot event or nothing at all

I'm doing latitude if it ends up being the pilot or looks like it could be happening