Y Not 2021

Jack.194

... Aaaaanyway,  I'll be unavailable when the lineup is announced and I want to make sure there's a few more on it that'll be worth going for; do we reckon it's likely to sell out pretty quickly once it's announced or are there usually tickets still available?

I know this is difficult to guess in a year like this but...any ideas/thoughts? Ta! 

11 minutes ago, tjchittt86 said:

... Aaaaanyway,  I'll be unavailable when the lineup is announced and I want to make sure there's a few more on it that'll be worth going for; do we reckon it's likely to sell out pretty quickly once it's announced or are there usually tickets still available?

I know this is difficult to guess in a year like this but...any ideas/thoughts? Ta! 

I think any medium festival that has remaining tickets will sell out once their lineup is announced this year (as people are desperate for some sort of release this summer - I know I am) - fingers crossed they actually happen

• Like 1

Would be surprised if Ashcrofts there, I don't know how much have an impact it has but he's now playing Splendour in Nottingham and Tramlines in Sheffield the week before, surely he won't headline 3 festivals in a 30 mile radius over two weekends 😄(He wasn't booked for Splendour '20 when he was announced for Y Not, they had James/Supergrass headlining and have now replaced James with Ashcroft).

The image NG used on his announcement looked a lot like the Y Not font/colours, though that could be nothing but seemed coincidental timing, if I had to take a (possibly optimistic) guess The Streets/Royal Blood/NGHFB.

58 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Would be surprised if Ashcrofts there, I don't know how much have an impact it has but he's now playing Splendour in Nottingham and Tramlines in Sheffield the week before, surely he won't headline 3 festivals in a 30 mile radius over two weekends 😄(He wasn't booked for Splendour '20 when he was announced for Y Not, they had James/Supergrass headlining and have now replaced James with Ashcroft).

The image NG used on his announcement looked a lot like the Y Not font/colours, though that could be nothing but seemed coincidental timing, if I had to take a (possibly optimistic) guess The Streets/Royal Blood/NGHFB.

You're probably right about Ashcroft. However, he wasn't signed on to Tramlines until very recently. So Y Not may have already had him at that point. Considering the same booker they likely got a good deal on him. 

It seems Y Not has also been waiting on a third headliner and agents being twats. (educated guess based on what Tramlines just gone through) 

It could be Noel but its not often acts do pre announcements for anything other than their own things like new music and tours. 

I got a feeling a lot of festival line ups are samey and lackluster because acts/agents think they are likely to be cancelled. They are not wanting the hassle of either committing for 2 years, renegotiating or having grief from fans when they announce the cancellation of the event. 

Don't really care who the headliners are tbf - I'd be happy with any of the main headliners from Tramlines / Kendal / Truck 

Hoping for some acts like DMA's, Lathums, The snuts, Sports team, The slow readers club etc etc though (and not be stupidly relegated to the Thursday - which I've always found a bizarre concept anyway for a smaller festival, three days is enough with what they have onsite)

14 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Rudimental//Royal Blood//Stereophonics 

DMA’s//Fontains DC//The Kooks 

I was thinking:

Royal blood / Ashcroft/ Stereophonics 

Kooks/ Rudimental/ DMAs as the subs 

I doubt there's a huge amount of change on the undercard.