Y Not 2021

Jack.194

13 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Tramlines are still announcing on Monday, that seems terrible timing after boomtown 

Why? Tramlines and Boomtown are different beasts. Boomtown is independent and a massive, complex build. Tramlines is part of big group with deep pockets and a small build, city event.  I think Tramlines has more options than camping events. Still quite easily get cancelled but can hold out for longer. 

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Why? Tramlines and Boomtown are different beasts. Boomtown is independent and a massive, complex build. Tramlines is part of big group with deep pockets and a small build, city event.  I think Tramlines has more options than camping events. Still quite easily get cancelled but can hold out for longer. 

I don’t think terrible was the word I was going for 😂 I was trying to get at it being confusing. An After work rush of blood to the head for me 🤣

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Are yous two still at it. Take this over to the toxic Glastonbury threads 😛😄

I wish he wouldn't continue it at all anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Samjones said:

Can you explain how I was racist?

Because you basically referred to me as a monkey you imbocile. Piss off now as stop making threads more annoying more people.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I wish he wouldn't continue it at all anywhere. 

Because you basically referred to me as a monkey you imbocile. Piss off now as stop making threads more annoying more people.

You’ve got the brain of a chimp that’s for sure. Always resulting to swearing because your vocabulary is so limited. Sure hope you don’t somehow work out how to reproduce.

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

You’ve got the brain of a chimp that’s for sure. Always resulting to swearing because your vocabulary is so limited. Sure hope you don’t somehow work out how to reproduce.

Bore off already! Monkeys are actually smart. Anyone you're blocked now because you've become pure nonsense to me

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

They’ve just tweeted someone asking if it’s cancelled that the line Up should be soon and they’re very confident it’s still going ahead. So a slither of optimism has crept back in for me! 

I'm trying to keep some kind of faith or i'll go mad (but being realistic in the back of my mind too)...

What makes it worse is it's my stag do and we all know how last year went, stag hen and wedding all didn't happen. I've got £900 worth of rolled over tickets burning a slow hole...

Edited by A costume of a man

I'm remaining optimistic given how well the UK is doing with its vaccination programme and current case numbers. It certainly would be nice though to have an update from them even if it was just to say that the plan was still to go ahead 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Zebes said:

I'm remaining optimistic given how well the UK is doing with its vaccination programme and current case numbers. It certainly would be nice though to have an update from them even if it was just to say that the plan was still to go ahead 

As much as it's going 'well'. 2,500 average 7 day is still very high and realistically the vaccine current rate on 1st dose is well below, and that is certainly the needed one for this event.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

As much as it's going 'well'. 2,500 average 7 day is still very high and realistically the vaccine current rate on 1st dose is well below, and that is certainly the needed one for this event.

I wouldn't describe 2500 testing positive as very high, it's some of the lowest its been for months. With a population of 66 million that represents 0.00004% of the population as new cases each day. It's hard to compare given the difference in testing availability and effort at earlier stages in the pandemic, but this is some of the lowest test positivity rates we've seen. Compared to France and Germany, we're doing well. You  can see this in the data visualisation from NY Times below. We have 10% the cases they do at the moment. I understand the need for cautious realism but I think you can acknowledge the difference between January and now is quite impressive.

Screenshot_20210424-084029_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-084044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-084057_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

I wouldn't describe 2500 testing positive as very high, it's some of the lowest its been for months. With a population of 66 million that represents 0.00004% of the population as new cases each day. It's hard to compare given the difference in testing availability and effort at earlier stages in the pandemic, but this is some of the lowest test positivity rates we've seen. Compared to France and Germany, we're doing well. You  can see this in the data visualisation from NY Times below. We have 10% the cases they do at the moment. I understand the need for cautious realism but I think you can acknowledge the difference between January and now is quite impressive.

Screenshot_20210424-084029_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-084044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-084057_Samsung Internet.jpg

I can but it's still high. It should have never got there in the first places is more the point of saying. And if we had taken the proper precautions early on, much earlier it wouldn't.

I acknowledge that January was a much worse time. The airports shutting travel, adding quarantine in january started that. The drop after two wheels of that was plane to see. Naturally the vaccine roll out was going to help end influence that.

Germany and France is much higher yes but don't forget while we were being vaccinated, they actually refused it in their country.