Y Not 2021

Jack.194

15 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Twitter is becoming a rather restless and hostile place, I hope whoever is behind the account gets support from the festival 😂 surely we aren’t far off an announcement now 🤞 

The last few line ups have gone down really bad on twitter even though they have been fairly good imo. 

14 hours ago, Zebes said:

The last few line ups have gone down really bad on twitter even though they have been fairly good imo. 

Seems to be the case with most line ups on there. People will always find a reason to moan, no matter what they announced will get panned now due to the wait so they’ve only set themselves up really! As long as there’s music mates and cider all will be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

It's not so much an issue in relation to line up announcement. It is however a massive issue to festivals that still don't know if they can go ahead and they are having to put down deposits and pay out for things. The live industry supply chain is up shit creek

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

It's not so much an issue in relation to line up announcement. It is however a massive issue to festivals that still don't know if they can go ahead and they are having to put down deposits and pay out for things. The live industry supply chain is up shit creek

With the line up announcement, are we still thinking there’s an act or two who are dragging their heels? If so surely to avoid more frustration they could just give a few acts out? I’m just getting desperate 😂

2 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

With the line up announcement, are we still thinking there’s an act or two who are dragging their heels? If so surely to avoid more frustration they could just give a few acts out? I’m just getting desperate 😂

Who knows. 😆 I was pretty sure the line up for Tramlines was gonna be announced early this week, based on what I was told. Now for some reason it could be delayed. Could be agents being cock ends still or organisers at least blaming agents. 

Tramlines now have a full house of headliners after loosing all three from last year. If Tramlines and Y Not are sharing a headliner then that gives an indication as to who could have delayed it. 

10 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

That’s boom town cancelled, I think festivals will start to drop like flies now

Not feeling very confident now especially as everything has gone so quiet. However even though it would be disappointing to have the festival cancelled again I would rather that than put the entire future of the festival at risk

20 minutes ago, Zebes said:

Not feeling very confident now especially as everything has gone so quiet. However even though it would be disappointing to have the festival cancelled again I would rather that than put the entire future of the festival at risk

This is how I feel. But some people are so desperate for music that any idea about a festival not going ahead is like world ending.

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is how I feel. But some people are so desperate for music that any idea about a festival not going ahead is like world ending.

Main concern for me is the knock on effect this has to just about everything linked to the festival bubble. Two eventless summers and billions lost, it’s all abit concerning when you think how much money is being lost from music alone

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think it's as simple as that. Some naturally want to stay optimistic and hope that something can go ahead. I know how positive an effect on my mental health the socially distanced gigs I got to in November and December was. Optimistic people need to cling on to that hope 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Main concern for me is the knock on effect this has to just about everything linked to the festival bubble. Two eventless summers and billions lost, it’s all abit concerning when you think how much money is being lost from music alone

I agree. But it's better to not lose anymore through marketing purposes than to spend it and lose more. The government have shown no sign to back it financially and I don't suspect they will. What if they plough money into that but then certain people can't travel on holiday etc to places due to numbers. There is though many don't like it a much bigger issue out there like international hospitality than a music festival for someone's favourite bands with a few beers fix.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, atomised said:

I don't think it's as simple as that. Some naturally want to stay optimistic and hope that something can go ahead. I know how positive an effect on my mental health the socially distanced gigs I got to in November and December was. Optimistic people need to cling on to that hope 

I fully respect that but I think that works it two ways. My mental health has had a lift by just being able to go outside and to do a hike in a national park etc. Have some lunch and a cider by the water out of my town. My head tells me that my offspring gig in November will be my first music event back and if so I'll deal with that. If it comes earlier than even better but I set myself up early that it may not.

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I agree. But it's better to not lose anymore through marketing purposes than to spend it and lose more. The government have shown no sign to back it financially and I don't suspect they will. What if they plough money into that but then certain people can't travel on holiday etc to places due to numbers. There is though many don't like it a much bigger issue out there like international hospitality than a music festival for someone's favourite bands with a few beers fix.

@Samjonesare you just plain ignorant? Down vote me all you like  it I'm allowed to have genuine reasons for my views. And the reason for my less optimistic view is so as to not have that gutted feeling that unfortunately the Boomtown crowd have for example. I'm in my rights to take a stand if it happens it does if not then I'm prepared for it.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

@Samjonesare you just plain ignorant? Down vote me all you like  it I'm allowed to have genuine reasons for my views. And the reason for my less optimistic view is so as to not have that gutted feeling that unfortunately the Boomtown crowd have for example. I'm in my rights to take a stand if it happens it does if not then I'm prepared for it.

Proper man child you aren’t you haha. Wonder why you have such a negative score on these forums. Go outside and see the sun and breathe some fresh air because you are down right miserable all the time haha. So much more to life than crying on a festival forum every day. Hope you manage to work out what happiness is one day fella

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Proper man child you aren’t you haha. Wonder why you have such a negative score on these forums. Go outside and see the sun and breathe some fresh air because you are down right miserable all the time haha. So much more to life than crying on a festival forum every day. Hope you manage to work out what happiness is one day fella

I'm happy thanks very much. The fact that you down voted my post but did nothing to someone else's who said they also didn't care if someone came across negative etc speaks volumes.

As for the negative scores....if I cared enough it wouldn't be what it is.

Breathing fresh air in the sun is exactly what I've said I'm happy to.

You are indeed an downright ignorant, arrogant twat. But carry on and shut the door on your way out.

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm happy thanks very much. The fact that you down voted my post but did nothing to someone else's who said they also didn't care if someone came across negative etc speaks volumes.

As for the negative scores....if I cared enough it wouldn't be what it is.

Breathing fresh air in the sun is exactly what I've said I'm happy to.

You are indeed an downright ignorant, arrogant twat. But carry on and shut the door on your way out.

You’re so pressed mate hahaha. You not gonna have a cry at the other fella who downvoted you? Saying that you’d be at it for a while if you cried at everyone who downvoted you. Brain dead Neanderthal 

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

To be fair the extra ticket sales from announcing then rolling over is probably worth it, bit more confidence in trying next year etc. They probably need to do that bit 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair the extra ticket sales from announcing then rolling over is probably worth it, bit more confidence in trying next year etc. They probably need to do that bit 

Its a weird one with ticket sales because that ticket money sits in a escrow account and the organisers don't see it until the event happens. I suppose if they had to borrow money there is some security to the event knowing its mostly sold out. What may complicate things is if there is a change in the capacity and licence conditions. An example would be Y Not have reduced their capacity by 10k for this year.   

Another example is Tramlines had 3 headliners from last years cancelled event that have dropped out, so that opens a whole new issue of people buying tickets to see them acts. Then the double, triple marketing and promotion costs for two potential cancelled events and an event that goes ahead next year. 

Its just a whole mess and becoming lose/lose for organisers. They will be lucky to break-even by next year running up all these costs.  

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

You’re so pressed mate hahaha. You not gonna have a cry at the other fella who downvoted you? Saying that you’d be at it for a while if you cried at everyone who downvoted you. Brain dead Neanderthal 

I have no interest in Paul and his shit for a while now. No need.

I have nothing to cry about lol.

But as for your other comment, you can fuck yourself you racist prick!

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Possibly so.