Y Not 2021

Jack.194

1 hour ago, A costume of a man said:

So maybe announcement for the announcement on Tuesday, then the actual lineup Thursday? 

Quite possibly. I don't know for sure but I believe Tramlines can announce next week, it's the earliest they can make an announcement. Y Not are in a similar situation. 

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Not sure if this makes them more or less likely 

5210233F-CFBA-4F0E-9EDE-7D5CAFE2769D.png

It makes then less likely. If this doesn't sell out instantly then you've got a set of dates to sell out as well as July festival's with then playing too. 

Personally I think they've opted just to go with the tour rather than a string of smaller festivals dates they may not make it. They are from England so. And of course those festivals will book them next year.

2 minutes ago, twinmaker said:

Does anyone else think that, given the recent backlash following other festivals' line up announcements, YNOT are hurriedly adding female acts to the bill?!

Don’t think there are another female bands that fit the main genre of festivals like Y Not, Tramlines, Truck etc but I reckon bands such as Wolf Alice, Pale Waves and Sports could be on the bill  

1 hour ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Don’t think there are another female bands that fit the main genre of festivals like Y Not, Tramlines, Truck etc but I reckon bands such as Wolf Alice, Pale Waves and Sports could be on the bill  

Why does noone ever mention yonaka 

11 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Who are they similar to just to get a basic understanding 

I'd say up there with wolf Alice but wouldnt necessarily put them alongside. They've toured with Libertines, catfish and bring me the horizon and not looked out of place. Theresa (the vocalist) has a great stage presence 

1 hour ago, A costume of a man said:

Feels strange to still not know who the hell is playing, 

Music agents have created like a coalition which as made it more awkward for events. Some events had line ups booked in early so managed to avoid some of this and the likes of Live Nation can't really be bullied. 

Some festivals are still pulling together line ups for this year. I'd imagine bookers and organisers are stressed trying to sort it out. 

39 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Music agents have created like a coalition which as made it more awkward for events. Some events had line ups booked in early so managed to avoid some of this and the likes of Live Nation can't really be bullied. 

Some festivals are still pulling together line ups for this year. I'd imagine bookers and organisers are stressed trying to sort it out. 

A coalition, to what ends? Bands just want to play as many dates as they can I would imagine (and get some cash rolling in to pay the mortgage).

Edited by A costume of a man

21 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

A coalition, to what ends? Bands just want to play as many dates as they can I would imagine (and get some cash rolling in to pay the mortgage).

Cash money, grabbing power, its a long game not just short term gains.

Take Catfish ditching Superstruct events for Live Nation and SJM events, probably getting paid more money and getting more exposure. 

Edited by JBarbour

On 4/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, JBarbour said:

Cash money, grabbing power, its a long game not just short term gains.

Take Catfish ditching Superstruct events for Live Nation and SJM events, probably getting paid more money and getting more exposure. 

No big loss - but for the industry as a whole that's a nefarious, greedy practice. Oh well.

2 hours ago, A costume of a man said:

No big loss - but for the industry as a whole that's a nefarious, greedy practice. Oh well.

Every industry has its leeches, generally its the lawyers and solicitors. In the music industry, much like football its the agents. 😅

Seems things have settled down somewhat and an announcement is gonna drop soon. 

• Like 1