Y Not 2021

Jack.194

2 hours ago, Zebes said:

Everything seems to have gone quiet on there socials the last few weeks. They don't seem to be promoting the event which is odd unless they are considering postponing this year.

Y Not is very much in the same boat as Tramlines and is unable to share the line up yet. Music industry politics, its happens every year but seems more to the forefront this year because of the really late line up announcements. 

55 minutes ago, gfa said:

truck in an hour and a bit at 6pm will give a lot away 🙂 

Aside from Bombay Bicycle club, last years headliners weren't remotely the same

Truck 2020:
bbc
Kooks 
Catfish
Blossoms 
Hives 
DMA's

Y Not 2020:
Royal Blood
Richard Ashcroft
Craig David (?)
bbc
Rag n bone man
Levellers
James

There was a tiny bit of crossover on the rest of the bill, but not much - Sundara karma, Lathums, Dinosaur pileup etc

Are they announcing the whole line up in one go? Something is definitely amiss with certain acts otherwise they’d have never posted that “soon” meme. I feel sorry for the levels of abuse the admin gets 😂 surely they’d be better just announce what they DO have in the bag? Just when I thought Spanish organisers were bad with line up announcements The brits have blew them out the water 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A costume of a man said:

God knows, the 2021 truck lineup looks pretty good imo - compared to last year's YNot effort anyway

I hope there is crossover! 

Personally like Y Nots top lines last year. I'd happily watch 6 of those acts.

I'd definitely take the additions of The Hives and Catfish over Royal Blood, Idles Fontaines DC though as the latter two aren't for me. Personal tastes though. 

If Y Not in 2020 had more than Ash I was that bothered about in the under card it was tempting, had it happened.

37 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

For a prediction going for Royal Blood/The Libertines/Richard Ashcroft, with Idles/Bombay/Supergrass as the appropriate subs, and then Blossoms as Thursday headliner.

Too strong that. Kendall isn't that string and they've got an extra 10k tickets.

38 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

For a prediction going for Royal Blood/The Libertines/Richard Ashcroft, with Idles/Bombay/Supergrass as the appropriate subs, and then Blossoms as Thursday headliner.

I would take that never seen Royal Blood in a festival environment but are incredible live saw them at Rock City and was blown away then IDLES and Blossoms are two bands I really want to see this summer so this is would be class but blossoms will be at truck that Thursday 

6 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I would take that never seen Royal Blood in a festival environment but are incredible live saw them at Rock City and was blown away then IDLES and Blossoms are two bands I really want to see this summer so this is would be class but blossoms will be at truck that Thursday 

Truck is the week before I think, so no clash. Admittedly still not sure if they would play the Thursday of both though.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Too strong that. Kendall isn't that string and they've got an extra 10k tickets.

Y Not capacity was 40k but it's been reduced to 30k when it got acquired. Probably to make it more manageable with it being independent. 

Kendal is 35k at the moment I think. 

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Y Not capacity was 40k but it's been reduced to 30k when it got acquired. Probably to make it more manageable with it being independent. 

Kendal is 35k at the moment I think. 

Oh. I admit the 15k I've seen in much more previous that I thought. But even upto day within the last couple of years only state 25k+. Last year I admit they got acts that would suggest it being of a decent size.

I'd still say The Libertines, RB and Richard Ashcroft sounds too big....in a year where they probably won't need to go as strong, but then Truck with a smaller capacity surprised me a bit.

I guess though, The Libertines instantly makes you think they are bigger than their current status. Due to the amount of wall to wall hits too...but then I could say that about many smaller acts I know now from the past. And Ashcroft at Splendour but then he is only Castle Headliner at Victorious.

I think there is also that element that if a July festival is announced and you like it. Half of you wants to invest, the other half of you feels it's the get a sellout for 2022.