Y Not 2021

Jack.194

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, stanh said:

ive been quite a few times due to it being local, its quite a fun small festival - one thing to note though, the weather there never usually is that good, had quite a few washouts in recent years. if they get some decent names on their lineup though, id definitely recommend going and im sure you will have a class time! 

Cheers mate, appreciate that. 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

ive been quite a few times due to it being local, its quite a fun small festival - one thing to note though, the weather there never usually is that good, had quite a few washouts in recent years. if they get some decent names on their lineup though, id definitely recommend going and im sure you will have a class time! 

They do seem to be a bit unlucky weather wise.  Four weeks of heat wave then it chucks it down that weekend !

Does anyone know what the car park situation is like? Is it absolute bedlam leaving in the Monday? This is my first UK festival after hammering the Spanish festivals for a few years so the talk about wash outs has got me worried 😂 as long as there’s live music and ale then everything else is irrelevant! 

It's on the top of a hill and very exposed if it rains. In music terms it is very "indie" with not much in the way of variety. Might be a plus for you might not. I went in 2019 weather was pretty lousy, the arena was late opening on the Saturday but it drains well and doesn't get as muddy as some festivals. I gave up on the Sunday and drove home as they were even later opening the arena, there was a strong rumour that they were going to abandon and it was absolutely chucking it down. They didn't in the end but a lot of artists were sacked off as main stage acts were moved into tents.

On the plus side it is quite relaxed with reasonably priced bars and an acceptable number and variety of food vendors. Security is fairly relaxed no problem smuggling a little booze into the arena as long as you don't take the pizz. The car parks are farmers fields but I had no problem getting my mini off on Sunday although the fields had taken a lot of rain.

9 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Has anyone got any good stories about the weather 😂 surely 2021 has to break the mould and we get some sunshine...

I heard it was great in 2020. Perfect sunshine all weekend. Enough that it'll probably need to rain for the next decades worth of festivals to average it out..

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Is there any truth in truck and Ynot being organised by the same company? One of my pals seems to think so and he says they often share plenty of acts which looking through previous years seems sort of correct but also not 😂 

Not anymore.

They were, up to about 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Is there any truth in truck and Ynot being organised by the same company? One of my pals seems to think so and he says they often share plenty of acts which looking through previous years seems sort of correct but also not 😂 

Ynot, Truck, Tramlines and Victorious all share the same booker.

Ynot and Truck used to be part of Count Of Ten. Count Of Ten also used to be a consultant / events planner for Tramlines.

Global Entertainment (same company that owns radio stations including Radio X) and Broadwick then acquired Count Of Ten along with Y Not, Truck, Victorious, Kendal and had a agreement to buy Tramlines. 

Global then sold Truck, Kendal, Victorious and others to a new company called Superstruct that backed by a US hedge fund. 

Y Not got left behind at Global/Broadwick before being acquired with a loan by an ex-Count Of Ten founder/employee. 

Y Not, Truck, Victorious and Tramlines all still share the same freelance booker I believe and thats why they share a lot of same acts. Kendal have their own team (event managers that also run Bluedot) but they all pretty much book from the same pool of headliners.

They mostly all shared the same festival production company - Ground Control that put together the festival sites. I think Ground Control have moved on to a new company called Engine No. 4 after Global dissolved its events division.  

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Never been to Y Not I work in a pub and just praying they don’t announce the lineup till a couple of weeks after we reopen 

Id take an educated guess that agents of acts they have got booked are being cock ends 😀 it's the same case with another similar event. That event will be announcing in about two weeks, nothing scheduled in yet though and things could change. 

38 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Id take an educated guess that agents of acts they have got booked are being cock ends 😀 it's the same case with another similar event. That event will be announcing in about two weeks, nothing scheduled in yet though and things could change. 

Tramlines being the other event?