Pint for a Pint - Glasto 2021

squirrelarmy

I used to give blood regularly and always booked my next donation at the time of donating.  But they stopped coming to that venue and I can never find any available slots to book now online.  For instance I've just searched up to the end of September and there is one appointment, next Tuesday, 15 miles from me, in the middle of the day when I have a meeting.  

I mean one appointment in the next four months? 15 miles away?  (though I could combine it with looking at F&B tents in Telford....)

ETA - I extended the search to the end of December.  Still only the one appointment next Tuesday.

Edited by Beerqueen

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

So from toays session:

Positive  - got a kit kat and the sun is shining.

Negative - had to listen to some drivel they call radio 2. Utter shite.

Radio 2 is a step up from Heart, which is what we got!! 

No mint clubs so opted for Tuc cheese biscuits! 

12 minutes ago, Soggy_feet said:

Hummm but it was Steve Wright…….

bah humbug to no club biscuits. Tuc cheese biscuits are an insult to cheese🧀

still now you have been told to do nothing strenuous and drink lots. I’m going with my own interpretation of this advice, given that it’s Friday night.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

So from toays session:

Positive  - got a kit kat and the sun is shining.

Negative - had to listen to some drivel they call radio 2. Utter shite.

39 minutes ago, Soggy_feet said:

Woah you guys are still getting branded snacks?  When I donated on 14th April we had bargin basement, generic no brand biscuits none of which had any chocolate near them, no savoury snacks and only squash no cups of tea, I'm extremely jealous of your snack selections!

46 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Woah you guys are still getting branded snacks?  When I donated on 14th April we had bargin basement, generic no brand biscuits none of which had any chocolate near them, no savoury snacks and only squash no cups of tea, I'm extremely jealous of your snack selections!

What can I say.....they want our blood.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

massively in need if anyone is able to donate 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63229980

Had to cancel mine yesterday annoyingly because of covid. Rescheduled for early December. I'm like three off 50 now! 

Annoyingly they cancelled my last one on the day so have struggled to get many in this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Had to cancel mine yesterday annoyingly because of covid. Rescheduled for early December. I'm like three off 50 now! 

Annoyingly they cancelled my last one on the day so have struggled to get many in this year.

best mates wife has a big op on Monday ... been cancelled once already hopefully this wont affect it . Shame im not able to donate 😞 ... nice one for all your donations thats a pretty big thing and amount of time youve given up there as well as the blood 

29 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

best mates wife has a big op on Monday ... been cancelled once already hopefully this wont affect it . Shame im not able to donate 😞 ... nice one for all your donations thats a pretty big thing and amount of time youve given up there as well as the blood 

Thanks! Been doing it since I was 17 😀 

All power to everyone who does it. I did it once and was told that frankly I was more effort than I was worth. My blood is apparently very slow to leave my body and left me feeling really woozy so they had to keep an eye on me for a while. It's not like I am even scared of needles or anything. 

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Made an appointment last week for the Friday of T-Day weekend.

A few years ago Mrs J had a life saving blood transplant. I've been a regular donor ever since. 

I did it for years before that but when my best mate had loads of transfusions due to cancer I really saw the benefit of it first hand.

I was one of those in the queue to book yesterday evening, appointment for a week today in Bristol.

It'll be the first time in 15 years for me.

I gave 3 times as soon as I was old enough to, the final time ended with me having a funny turn shall we say which has put me off ever since.

Wish me luck 😂

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was one of those in the queue to book yesterday evening, appointment for a week today in Bristol.

It'll be the first time in 15 years for me.

I gave 3 times as soon as I was old enough to, the final time ended with me having a funny turn shall we say which has put me off ever since.

Wish me luck 😂

Nice one … I’m a pro with needles but I’ve still managed to faint when having my bloods taken once … must have been the pressure of the observer tipping me over the edge … or if you see the person doing it struggling to find a vein