Pint for a Pint - Glasto 2021

squirrelarmy

On 12/02/2021 at 9:27 AM, Quark said:

Well that didn't quite go as planned!!

Was going great guns on the draining blood bit, but when the machine started the first phase of the return process the area around the needle started swelling up like a water balloon! Nothing major but they did have to stop it there and then. 

Managed to get about a quarter of the planned donation out before it went wrong, so if the antibody test comes back positive then it won't have been completely wasted.  Does mean that I've got to wait 4 weeks instead of 1 until I can go again (if they need me) as they took more blood out of me than planned. Bugger!

Sorry to hear that! What a pain.

Did my 44th normal donation last night, well on the way to gold now! 

That was my third donation during the pandemic, which is a good marker for how bloody long this shit has been going on...

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry to hear that! What a pain.

Did my 44th normal donation last night, well on the way to gold now! 

That was my third donation during the pandemic, which is a good marker for how bloody long this shit has been going on...

That's an amazing number, huge respect.

Did my 16th today which I think is my 5th since lockdown started - I had one on 15th April last year so I suppose that one was under restrictions. It's been so long now that memory is fading.  

14 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

That's an amazing number, huge respect.

Did my 16th today which I think is my 5th since lockdown started - I had one on 15th April last year so I suppose that one was under restrictions. It's been so long now that memory is fading.  

Thanks! Looking forward to getting 50 🙂

Just realised I'm going to have to reschedule my next one actually as have got my second jab the weekend before. Usually you need to wait a bit after jabs I think.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! Looking forward to getting 50 🙂

Just realised I'm going to have to reschedule my next one actually as have got my second jab the weekend before. Usually you need to wait a bit after jabs I think.

Advice I got was "COVID-19 vaccine – please wait 7 full days from your vaccine before donating on the 8th day".

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Giving a pint on Thursday but my boss won't allow the time off, however, giving blood feels far more important so I'm going to go.

Point out to your boss that one day he (I'm assuming it's male) or one of his family might be in need of blood. He'd then be glad you donated!

• Upvote 1

Donated yesterday boss ket me out early coz of convenient location to workplace. Had a break coz of tattoo. Always taken by how many things rule people out of donating so feel a need to donate when I can. Went for chocolate bourbons. 

Edited by lemons

3 hours ago, lemons said:

Donated yesterday boss ket me out early coz of convenient location to workplace. Had a break coz of tattoo. Always taken by how many things rule people out of donating so feel a need to donate when I can. Went for chocolate bourbons. 

Yeah, I used to be a semi regular donator, so it's frustrating that I'm not allowed to anymore. Especially as the reason I'm not allowed is because I've had a transfusion. 

First time giving blood at 10:30am today - i've been signed up for ages but have never got round to doing it as theres always a huge wait (3 months+) and i move back and forth for uni. Hopefully the ticket gods take note of my donation this evening 🙂 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

First time giving blood at 10:30am today - i've been signed up for ages but have never got round to doing it as theres always a huge wait (3 months+) and i move back and forth for uni. Hopefully the ticket gods take note of my donation this evening 🙂 

You'll be super fast on the F5 without all that blood weighing you down!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Well done, first of many.

It's important, indeed essential, to tell us which biscuit you went for. I was miffed last time because they had run out of Mini Cheddars!!!

Biscoff of course! Had some crisps as well and a kitkat as they made me wait a while