Spotify Wrapped

nikkic

Listening down this year, despite working from home. No need to block out my colleagues now, I guess. Also upped my podcast listening.

Deftones dominated my charts, and I had a big Interpol binge earlier in the year, having only properly got into them after seeing their JP set last year.

Screenshot_20201202_133159.jpg

Edited by Lubic87

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Loving how Prospa - Ecstasy stands out like a sore thumb in your list 🤣 

It is an absolute banger though - got many, many plays from me as well 👍

Ahaha I did have some similar tracks in the mix , bicep Glue was 7th and had some Stanton warriors, but agreed it looks very out of place 😂

I saw prospa in sonic in 2019 and they were unreal, as soon as this came out it got played an awful lot 😂I think it was released not long after 2020 got cancelled so had a lot of feeling around it, hoping to see them in ‘21 for sure 

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I think those 3 singles are just brilliant. Each one is so different. I hate to say it, but I felt the album was a slight disappointment after them. Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but I was hoping for 12 more up to that standard.

Anyone else have the vinyl? 16 songs split over 4 sides. I really wish they'd put the 13 of the album proper on one album, and then had a bonus ep for the 3 said tracks.

Hadn't noticed your 3 favourites were all 3 of the bonus tracks!

I thought the whole album was quality - although it did tail off towards the last 3-4 tracks.   The Steps, I Know Alone, Gasoline, 3am, Don't Wanna, Another Try all highlights for me, and then the 3 bonus tracks - great stuff.  

Mmm that did not work.

so 

top songs 

Taylor Swift - the 1 (my alarm so not surprising)

Todd Terje - Inspector Norse

Celeste - Strange

Moth equals - Cordiform 

Knife Party - Bonfire

Top Artists

Taylor Swift

Glass Animals

Khruangbin

Jade Bird

Moth Equals

Edited by fred quimby

Surprised Frank Turner and Taylor Swift crept into my top 5 as I don't recall listening to them all that much. More expected Bruce, Rufus Wainwright or Pottery to be in there. 

I only really listen to albums though Spotify so the top songs list is a bit redundant. 4/5 songs from the same album.

Screenshot_20201202-072511_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-072136_Spotify.jpg

6 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Does anyone know what “Chamber Psych” is? I don’t but it’s apparently my second most listened to genre this year. Google unforthcoming either.

6 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Does anyone know what “Chamber Psych” is? I don’t but it’s apparently my second most listened to genre this year. Google unforthcoming either.

5 hours ago, uscore said:

no, but it's my second one too!

2 hours ago, JHad said:

I got Chamber Psych as well. No idea.

Screenshot_20201202-185134_Spotify.jpg

Got chamber psych as number 2 too ! What’s going on. What is it? Or are they making it up?

Edited by deebeedoobee

10 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Got chamber psych as number 2 too ! What’s going on. What is it? Or are they making it up?

I saw a tweet from a music industry person (can't remember who) suggesting it was created by a developer as a test who then forgot to remove it. They provided absolutely no evidence to back this up, of course. 

Anyway, if that is the case, that developer had a damn fine taste in music!