Gigs of the year 2020

zahidf

Only managed 2 😭

October Drift supported by Youth Sector at Hope & Ruin

Thyla supported by Nature TV at Brighton Electric.

On the plus side they were both great gigs, first time I'd seen any of the bands and first time I'd even heard of the support acts, and been listening to them a lot since!

Slipknot at the arena was an experience I waited a looooong time for and thoroughly enjoyed.

I got too drunk to enjoy JPEGMAFIA (disappointing).

Hotel Lux were alright, came out to Blackout Crew which started the whole thing well.

Dry Cleaning supported by Pozi was great, I hadn't heard of Pozi before and love them now. DC great as well obviously.

I saw Black Country, New Road 3 times in 4 days (twice in one night), the best one of those was YES Basement.

Snapped Ankles at the Ritz were awesome (Supporting Beak> who were okay).

Warmduscher was the most cramped gig I've ever been to definitely over sold the ol' Soup Kitchen. It was incredible though and I was squished into the bar so it was fine until I started needing a piss. God I miss that.

Twin Peaks were great, seen them a few times now and they're all very, very good musicians now.

Sorry I was literally gonna say my best ones then I got carried away thinking about them all, I really miss gigs. I was actually having to hold back as the project I'd been working on was coming to a close and have ended up very holding back this year ahah.

The only gig I got to go to this year was Algiers. They kind of do kind of gospel sounding rock. Despite that they chose the heaviest band ever as their support act, total make your ears bleed stuff. We actually left during the support act and came back in after they'd finished as it was too painful to listen to. Certainly a memorable gig.

Annoyingly there were a few gigs I wanted to go to in February that sold out before I could get tickets

22 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

The only gig I got to go to this year was Algiers. They kind of do kind of gospel sounding rock. Despite that they chose the heaviest band ever as their support act, total make your ears bleed stuff. We actually left during the support act and came back in after they'd finished as it was too painful to listen to. Certainly a memorable gig.

Annoyingly there were a few gigs I wanted to go to in February that sold out before I could get tickets

can you remember their name?

Sigrid - The Omeara
The Subways (tour warm up gig) - Hitchin
DIIV - Kentish Town
Indian Queens - Rockaway Beach
Penelope Isles - Rockaway Beach

Looking back, I am rather glad we went to Rockaway Beach in January. I don't think we saw a bad act all weekend.

Edited by cdm22

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Only managed 33 bands and 1 festival this year. 93% down on last year.

Best 2 had to have been: 

The Murder Capital,  Bristol. - captivating 

John ( times two) , Bath. - oh the volume in that small room was outstanding. 

Never change Dee :D