Jump to content

Will the 2021 festival go ahead?


JoeyT
 Share

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

  1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

    • Yes - I 100% believe
      43
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
      158
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
      87
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
      79
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.
      67


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

From a local festival organiser  - he got told that a major supplier to GF have been told 2021 is cancelled. I can not verify this but have no reason to believe this is a lie.🙁

Look - I think they have probably told many people the festival is off, but they won’t announce it until it becomes literally impossible for the festival to go ahead or where they have to spend money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt42 said:

Look - I think they have probably told many people the festival is off, but they won’t announce it until it becomes literally impossible for the festival to go ahead or where they have to spend money.

Look - I agree. No need to cancel until it is clear it is not possible 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Look - I agree. No need to cancel until it is clear it is not possible 

That’s my thinking. Things are moving on the vaccine front but who knows if it’s going to be quick enough for major summer events. We can all speculate but only the festival hierarchy really know when it becomes impossible to continue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Yup.  Cos it hasn't been cancelled.

It hasn’t been publicly cancelled, but it does feel like something significant has happened behind the scenes. No news for the public yet because it still might go ahead but it feels like it won’t be Glastonbury as normal by any stretch at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It hasn’t been publicly cancelled, but it does feel like something significant has happened behind the scenes. No news for the public yet because it still might go ahead but it feels like it won’t be Glastonbury as normal by any stretch at this point. 

They’ve probably set a deadline date and won’t announce cancellation before then. Even if it’s most likely off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...