Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this stage, while it's looking unlikely to a lot of people that Glastonbury will be going ahead, let's just remember that even if it doesn't, by the time we get to late June the situation in the co

Inevitable I suppose    

Posted Images

The only 'announcement' she'd be referring to is some kind of internal announcement made to bands who were lined up to perform. The fact she then sounded like they hadn't been asked makes her initial claim hard to believe. But she did sound very sure and wouldn't have a reason to blurt that out unless she'd heard something. All very odd.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Its possible I guess... but I have my doubts based on that. Mainly on the fact that they haven't announced it today!

Assuming it's not a guess. Maybe an internal announcement to people involved in the festival. Which does actually suggest she might have been provisionally booked....

Get Mel B down on as rumoured for 2022 @eFestivals

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

The only 'announcement' she'd be referring to is some kind of internal announcement made to bands who were lined up to perform. The fact she then sounded like they hadn't been asked makes her initial claim hard to believe. But she did sound very sure and wouldn't have a reason to blurt that out unless she'd heard something. All very odd.

That was my thinking, maybe artists/people involved have been told. Grim

Or she has friends who were booked to play who have told her that they heard today to stand down, it doesn’t necessarily have to be that she was booked to play. 

I think the fact she said she’d specifically heard today is ominous

Edited by tigger123

To be fair, the presenter did give her the opportunity to retract or water down her statement, but she reaffirmed it. 

I still think the decision's been made. The festival will want to control the public announcement. There's no 'news' because they're not ready to say anything publicly yet. That doesn't mean a decision hasn't been taken.

Mel B trying to justify why they haven’t been asked to play. “Uuuhhh festivals cancelled”.

Similar to me claiming I’m not shacked up with Jennifer Lawrence because “She’s not dating currently”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, kalifire said:

I still think the decision's been made. The festival will want to control the public announcement. There's no 'news' because they're not ready to say anything publicly yet. That doesn't mean a decision hasn't been taken.

Maybe they’re getting Boris to announce it as part of his 8pm ditherings tonight.

Emily wouldn't deny it openly like that

Mel B - "Did Glastonbury get back to you yet, on radio in a minute so would be good to give them an exclusive!"

Mel B's Manager - "About that, Mel...the thing is...I know it's a dream, but...ehm....cancelled? Yeah, they cancelled it. Just today, got word in"

Mel B - "Awwww shame, that. Oh well, least I know where I'll be next year, eh?!"

Mel B's Manager - "Sure, Mel."