Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I would suggest that, by that very fact, he has a bit more of an inkling about what plans might be, rather than us lot, dribbling on in a forum.

But if Glastonbury has received a flat no, they wouldn’t have been in the media so much recently.

The reality is Glastonbury don’t know anything yet, because the government haven’t said either way.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But if Glastonbury has received a flat no, they wouldn’t have been in the media so much recently.

The reality is Glastonbury don’t know anything yet, because the government haven’t said either way.

Glastonbury are in the media so much recently because their insurance isn't being underwritten at the moment and they have 100,000 + £50s to potentially return. They've been campaigning for the Government to help them and their industry with the insurance cover issue - highlighting it so everyone is aware of the situation

3 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Glastonbury are in the media so much recently because their insurance isn't being underwritten at the moment and they have 100,000 + £50s to potentially return. They've been campaigning for the Government to help them and their industry with the insurance cover issue - highlighting it so everyone is aware of the situation

That’s precisely my point.

I still don’t think anything being said right now is too relevant to what ultimately happens. Let’s see where we’re at in 6 weeks. There’s no need for them to cancel it yet and we still have time to see what happens with the vaccine(s) and if the govt can step in with anything to help. Patience and calm required. There’s no rush to call it just yet.

Oh bollocks. Ok so I don't yet have a ticket for the next festival but I would always of course want it to happen regardless. Bums and pants. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Primavera festival- which is of course totally different- think they can do it. https://www.nme.com/news/music/primavera-sound-hold-successful-trial-for-live-music-events-without-social-distancing-2841244

The best part about the Macca interview is that it’s giving our concerns a wider audience. People will know that our actions over the next couple of months are going to directly affect next summers plans whether they be festivals, holidays or just sitting in a beer garden with your mates. 

Cancel Christmas & NY 2020 to save summer 2021. 

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Oh bollocks. Ok so I don't yet have a ticket for the next festival but I would always of course want it to happen regardless. Bums and pants. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Primavera festival- which is of course totally different- think they can do it. https://www.nme.com/news/music/primavera-sound-hold-successful-trial-for-live-music-events-without-social-distancing-2841244

Primavera Sound promotes lots of small indoor gigs. They don't just do the big festival.

That trial is about making the former viable as it has none of the scientific conditions of the latter.

Edited by xxialac

40 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Macca bit on Glastonbury is at 17:10 into this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p091qvf8

That noise of what sounded like him putting the phone down(?) was quiet jarring. At best, he's not optimistic.

I do think he miss-spoke at the start, however, regarding the festival being off already unless something has changed since Emily's interview - which I doubt. I also trust she wasn't withholding anything of that signficance in her own BBC interview.

As far as the festival going ahead is concerned, it has been a bad couple of weeks.