Jump to content

Will the 2021 festival go ahead?


JoeyT
 Share

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

  1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

    • Yes - I 100% believe
      43
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
      158
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
      87
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
      79
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.
      67


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m not actually sure, Day I think? It’s for a stag, we’d booked for last year and then well the rest is history 

Day and night are in separate venues across the city. The day venue is literally right in the centre of Barcelona and the night version is held in a cavernous warehouse with a load of smaller stages (indoors and outdoors) surrounding it. The Off-Sonar events are also tremendous fun. I hope it goes ahead for you, cos it's amazing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mutterings from someone involved in Shangri-La that today is devision day.

Can't see it myself (or at least can't see an announcement today unless it's a holding one) due to the change in refund date plus I'm pretty sure Emily will be enjoying the inauguration. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Mutterings from someone involved in Shangri-La that today is devision day.

Can't see it myself (or at least can't see an announcement today unless it's a holding one) due to the change in refund date plus I'm pretty sure Emily will be enjoying the inauguration. 

As it stands I am happy for any announcement so it stops me worrying and let's me rearrange annual leave....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ErnestWorthing said:

If they've extended the cancellation deadline is that not an indication that they're going to roll everyone's tickets over to next year and want to give people who don't want to do that a chance to get a refund?

Emily has already said that they're going to roll tickets over if they have to cancel this year.

I don't think the deadline extension in itself is a precursor to cancellation, as the same paragraph still says that the balance payment window opens April 1st so it'll need updating again anyway if that decision is taken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never comment but thought id share some info i got with you lovely people. I have a good mate who works on one of the booking teams for Glasto. Hes heard its decision day today and added that its 100% off. He wouldnt be in this meeting so I think the 100% off is his personal opinion, but he is pretty certain that either way, today is decision day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

I never comment but thought id share some info i got with you lovely people. I have a good mate who works on one of the booking teams for Glasto. Hes heard its decision day today and added that its 100% off. He wouldnt be in this meeting so I think the 100% off is his personal opinion, but he is pretty certain that either way, today is decision day. 

Today might not be on/off decision day.  Today may be off/push on for a while longer and see how it looks in a month decision day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

I never comment but thought id share some info i got with you lovely people. I have a good mate who works on one of the booking teams for Glasto. Hes heard its decision day today and added that its 100% off. He wouldnt be in this meeting so I think the 100% off is his personal opinion, but he is pretty certain that either way, today is decision day. 

hopefully hes not let the cork out the bottle Rhys 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha. Mates been saying its off for a while and challenging my giddy optimism that it will be on haha. One of the things they say is they havent done any work on the festival from a booking point of view and have been told to not do anything for months now so they are fast running out of time to actually book the festival if it is on. Could be that today is the deadline to actually have time to organise the festival 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Today might not be on/off decision day.  Today may be off/push on for a while longer and see how it looks in a month decision day.

That sounds more likely. And if it's the latter I doubt very much that anything will be announced as it will be the status quo. Can't see them saying anything like it's definitely going ahead at this stage. I can sadly see the opposite scenario, but hope not! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Of course but thats not a decision really? 

"We've made a decision not to make a decision yet"

We’ve made a decision not to cancel yet” isn’t announcement worthy, but it’s still a decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The only decision they can make today is to cancel. 

There's been a hold on spending up till January, I believe.

So i reckon part of what they're working out today is how long they can keep that hold on spending, &/or how far they can go down the line with very limited spending.

They might well end up having to cancel somewhen but things look like they could change very rapidly at the moment so it's probably worth them hanging on for another 6 or 8 weeks if they're able to. Things might swing strongly in the festival's favour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just posted this in the other thread but these guys are optimistic of going ahead at the end of April.

16,000 runners on the streets of London... Surely there's a chance of 180k in a field in Somerset at the end of June if this goes ahead?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just posted this in the other thread but these guys are optimistic of going ahead at the end of April.

16,000 runners on the streets of London... Surely there's a chance of 180k in a field in Somerset at the end of June if this goes ahead?

 

Not entirely sure there's a comparison there, Joey. Not only are they a tad optimistic, which I admire and encourage, it's nothing compared to the size, scale and logistics of the Big G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If today is decision day then the decision got to be its cancelled. I don't see how they can announce that its going ahead at this early stage (or maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick) 

 

Still don't see how they could go ahead. Do people really think that by June every restriction is lifted? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not entirely sure there's a comparison there, Joey. Not only are they a tad optimistic, which I admire and encourage, it's nothing compared to the size, scale and logistics of the Big G

I understand it's not necessarily on the same scale however it's still a vast amount of people in a small space.

Given there's a full 8 weeks between the two events and that could be upwards of 16 million people vaccinated at a rate of 300k a day (on top of what would have already been done by then) surely it's not completely illogical we could be at Worthy Farm?

Edited by JoeyT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...