Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think festival organisers don’t really know what they are talking about. Mean that in the most non-condescending way.

If you ask someone from Glasto HQ if it going ahead, or Melvin Benn- they will tell you it’s all looking positive and probably pull something out to make it look like the event is going ahead.

But it’s not really down to their positivity at all.

I think they do, they're just salesmen and aren't going to be openly pessimistic about something they're trying to promote.

54 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Sad but unsurprising really.

Going to be a while before I'm destined for my first Glastonbury appearance it seems! Missed out on tickets for 2020 which is now 2022 and getting married around the end of June in 2023! 2024 here I come...

I went for my honeymoon in 2010, my wifes 1st Glasto, it was absolutely magical 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I think they do, they're just salesmen and aren't going to be openly pessimistic about something they're trying to promote.

the one difference to outright confidence is the realistic take of Emily's - of "we haven't cancelled yet". A straightforwards acknowledgement that it was a possibility.

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah I can imagine stuff like the Hyde Park style gigs with 1 month build can still happen, whereas stuff like Glastonbury which needed stuff to happen jan-march can't. 

Am counting on it. I’m hoping for something interesting at APE as well as small camping festival 

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the one difference to outright confidence is the realistic take of Emily's - of "we haven't cancelled yet". A straightforwards acknowledgement that it was a possibility.

How much do you think the High Court's judgement yesterday on insurance influenced today's decision?

2 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

How much do you think the High Court's judgement yesterday on insurance influenced today's decision?

do you mean the judgement about a week ago, that says insurance companies have to pay out for covid on business interruption insurance?

I don't think it would have any bearing on Glastonbury's decision for this year.

Key bit in there  - the emergency services bit. That buggers up the other big festivals too.

Why isn’t the Festival just being postponed until later in the year?

The global response to the coronavirus pandemic is still changing daily, and it is too early to tell when restrictions on mass gatherings, and the demands on our emergency services will be loosened.

Looks like they won’t roll over if 2022 is to be cancelled 

I can’t make it in 2022, can the ticket be made valid for a different future Festival?

No, if you would not be able to make the 2022 Festival the booking would not be valid for a different future Festival. You would need to cancel the ticket booking and be issued with a refund.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Looks like they won’t roll over if 2022 is to be cancelled 

I can’t make it in 2022, can the ticket be made valid for a different future Festival?

No, if you would not be able to make the 2022 Festival the booking would not be valid for a different future Festival. You would need to cancel the ticket booking and be issued with a refund.

I think that is saying something different.

If you could do 2020 & 2021 but not 2022, you can't roll your ticket over to 2023 for example.

That's very different to them rolling over all tickets again if 2022 is cancelled.

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I think that is saying something different.

If you could do 2020 & 2021 but not 2022, you can't roll your ticket over to 2023 for example.

That's very different to them rolling over all tickets again if 2022 is cancelled.

Looks like I misread it!

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Having rolled twice they’ll roll indefinitely, but hopefully they won’t need to again.

I'm not sure about that.

Sooner or later it becomes a bit unfair that people who bought tickets years and years ago are guaranteed the next festival, particularly when some of those people might not choose to go 'now' if they didn't already have a ticket.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure about that.

Sooner or later it becomes a bit unfair that people who bought tickets years and years ago are guaranteed the next festival, particularly when some of those people might not choose to go 'now' if they didn't already have a ticket.

I agree, but then there is always the aspect of punters letting them keep their money for three years+ and then suddenly have nothing to show for it. 

22 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Key bit in there  - the emergency services bit. That buggers up the other big festivals too.

Why isn’t the Festival just being postponed until later in the year?

The global response to the coronavirus pandemic is still changing daily, and it is too early to tell when restrictions on mass gatherings, and the demands on our emergency services will be loosened.

Very interesting. Might be the writing on the wall for any major event in 2021 if they can’t get NHS staff to commit. Then the festival can’t meet health and safety requirements 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure about that.

Especially as a lot of those people will have bought them because it was the 50th anniversary.