Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

I’m gutted it’s off but also a relief now that I don’t have to worry about the festival clashing with my upcoming surgery. 

Virtual meets will be continuing regardless so all those wanting to keep the Glastonbury spirit going you are very welcome to join as we count down to being on the farm next year. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’m gutted it’s off but also a relief now that I don’t have to worry about the festival clashing with my upcoming surgery. 

Virtual meets will be continuing regardless so all those wanting to keep the Glastonbury spirit going you are very welcome to join as we count down to being on the farm next year. 

Can we reform the 100% crew!?

Jokes aside for you it’s a good sign to get your surgery done mate!

Well to be honest I’m glad we know nice and early. Can start and look at alternate plans for the summer since I’m sure we’ll be able to do more things, even if not concerts etc.

Fingers crossed come the Spring it becomes obvious that 2022 will be able to happen and we can start the hype train for the greatest Glastonbury of all time!

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

I can maybe see reading/Leeds taking place with some sort of testing on arrival and maybe no camping...

I honestly can’t see it. I think it will be until 2022 festivals can happen again.

a festival happening 2 months after Glastonbury won’t be immune from whatever glasto had to face

Whist gutted obviously ... the important things are those around us ... friends family , loved ones .and fellow humans.. the festival will return and I have no doubt it will be the best one yet ... stay strong everyone ... let’s hope they can do something smaller scale later on in the year ... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Whist gutted obviously ... the important things are those around us ... friends family , loved ones .and fellow humans.. the festival will return and I have no doubt it will be the best one yet ... stay strong everyone ... let’s hope they can do something smaller scale later on in the year ... 

absolutely!

Now we know for certain, on reflection it’s probably for the best to postpone until 2022. 
If it was to go ahead this year there would have been some inevitable differences from the place we all know and love, so I would rather roll over to 2022 and have a normal festival than an watered down version this year just for the sake of it. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly can’t see it. I think it will be until 2022 festivals can happen again.

a festival happening 2 months after Glastonbury won’t be immune from whatever glasto had to face

Shambala sent out a post just before GFL saying that they are still hoping to go ahead and tickets will go on sale 1st Feb and they will roll over if it is canx.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The question isn’t whether all festivals will get cancelled (they will), the question is whether hastily arranged replacements will pop up once the rules are relaxed (I think the pent up demand is there such that promoters could throw something together at short notice if the government allows)

On 11/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, eFestivals said:

it's going to go ahead, barring the unexpected.

Govt is making all the right noises, and it's clear they're hoping to end restrictions from around Easter.

They'll be in a position to make more certain and more explicit noises once a bit of vaccine has been rolled out, and that won't be too long into the future or too late for Glastonbury.

What was unexpected?

1 minute ago, pilton digger said:

Shambala sent out a post just before GFL saying that they are still hoping to go ahead and tickets will go on sale 1st Feb and they will roll over if it is canx.

Shambala can say what they like. They will obviously be positive but the situation with the virus will decide at the end of the day.

Its like Melvin Benn and R&L. Of course he’s going to tell ticket holders it’s 100% going ahead. 

Just now, Wooderson said:

What was unexpected?

I think festival organisers don’t really know what they are talking about. Mean that in the most non-condescending way.

If you ask someone from Glasto HQ if it going ahead, or Melvin Benn- they will tell you it’s all looking positive and probably pull something out to make it look like the event is going ahead.

But it’s not really down to their positivity at all.