Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

56 minutes ago, swede said:

I’ve had this debate with friends, what do you class as an underlying condition though ? 

Ive suffered from blood clots but haven’t had an episode since 2014, since then ive improved my health, gym, running, better diet.  So would you class me as fit and healthy, which is what I’d say I am as I’ve never felt healthier. Or if I did get covid, which in some cares has clotted people’s blood, would you class me as having an underlying condition even though I’m nearly 7 years removed from my last clotting episode ? 

It's defined. I won't copy and paste it as there's a lot of it, but here the Group 4 ("Clinically extrmely vulnerable") and the Group 6 ("Underlying health conditions") criteria.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not if they have underlying health conditions which a good chunk very well might.

Only anecdotal but my niece is a nurse and reckons the under 50s who are being hospitalised in her area do tend to either have pre existing conditions, or are smokers or very overweight. 

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I reckon if there was a decision point today we'll hear something Friday or Monday. 

EE promised us an update in January anyway so hopefully we'll hear next week either way.

Last year's was cancelled on my wedding anniversary.

It's my birthday on Friday.

Make of that what you will.

8 hours ago, incident said:

It's defined. I won't copy and paste it as there's a lot of it, but here the Group 4 ("Clinically extrmely vulnerable") and the Group 6 ("Underlying health conditions") criteria.

My point was I would class myself as fit and healthy, I wouldn't say I had an underlying condition. I bet there's plenty of people out there who are the same as me or don't even know they have some sort of underlying condition. 

Then there's people like my wife who aren't even on the list, she has hyperthyroidism, but if she gets a bad case of covid there's a high chance she will end up in hospital. Luckily for her she's a key worker in so she's getting her first vaccine dose tomorrow. If she wasn't a key worker she isnt officially classed as vulnerable so she'd be waiting months like the rest of the under 50's

Edited by swede

56 minutes ago, swede said:

My point was I would class myself as fit and healthy, I wouldn't say I had an underlying condition. I bet there's plenty of people out there who are the same as me or don't even know they have some sort of underlying condition. 

Then there's people like my wife who aren't even on the list, she has hyperthyroidism, but if she gets a bad case of covid there's a high chance she will end up in hospital. Luckily for her she's a key worker in so she's getting her first vaccine dose tomorrow. If she wasn't a key worker she isnt officially classed as vulnerable so she'd be waiting months like the rest of the under 50's

Not all key workers are on the magic list. I’m still not due it til Septemberish and I’m being breathed on in a sealed box by little urchins every day. 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Are we still expecting some kind of announcement today? 

I'm not, unless its cancellation. Which wouldn't surprise me but I don't think they need to call it yet.

There's still a chance it might be able to go ahead even if that chance is small, while I don't think they'll need to spend vast amounts of money immediately if they keep on planning until they consider things again in a month or so.

Edited by eFestivals

I believe someone in one of the threads said they knew someone who helped book bands and that yesterday was decision day.

Thing is, an event on the scale of Glastonbury would not make a decision and then suddenly be ready to announce straight away. I suspect their comms plan is incredibly strict and that things are changing rapidly day to day. There also a significant number of stakeholders they would need to go through first before announcing publicly. I'd be surprised if we heard anything before later next week if it has been called off.*

*do not hold me to this