Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

13 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I also believe that the UK will be in a position for this to go ahead in June through vaccinations and testing. 

I don't quite 'believe', but I'm certainly hopeful that conditions should be good enough in June for many festivals to be able to go ahead as long as they've not already cancelled. 

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just had a festival organiser tell me that they've heard thru the grapevine that there may be positive news about cancellation insurance this week.

If you listen close, that song says:

"Believe none of what you hear
and half of what you see."

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So if it happens but it has to be mostly British acts, who could we still have from the 2020 lineup? Swift lives here so she could be an exception...

It would nicely sort out my panic of a potential London Grammar and Haim clash that’s for sure

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just had a festival organiser tell me that they've heard thru the grapevine that there may be positive news about cancellation insurance this week.

Yes. Might not be ideal but it will allow planning to happen for sure.

Not sure if this is a positive sign or just background noise but the Home Office have a list of festivals that have special visa rules for performers which allow performers to come as visitors but get paid (I think).  It’s called the permit free festival list. Generally they update it each year with a revised list of festivals.  Anyway they published rules on 31 December with an updated list - including Glastonbury.  So it looks like at least they are not ruling festivals out

link is here (if this works) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-cp-361-31-december-2020

55 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

We’re approaching an extremely dangerous place, where my fake optimism becomes real optimism.

Aye, that grim acceptance whilst still living in hope, clinging onto any slender bit of positivity has allowed us to be let down gently.  Now there’s small signs, green shoots, glass half full, whatever metaphor you prefer, that it just might happen. A slow motion rollercoaster.