Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

More sites opening tomorrow. And Scottish/Wales figures to be added as well (they don't report weekends). Can't see why they can't level up next week more.

That's a fair assumption. I do note The Sunday Telegraph, which is headlining "All over 18's vaccinated by July", caution in the detail that government is concerned about supply. Ministers privately fearing the mid-Feb target will be missed due to lack of vaccine.

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

That's a fair assumption. I do note The Sunday Telegraph, which is headlining "All over 18's vaccinated by July", caution in the detail that government is concerned about supply. Ministers privately fearing the mid-Feb target will be missed due to lack of vaccine.

They've been saying supply is the rate limiting factor for ages but they're still dishing out more and more vaccines every day. It genuinely seems that for once they're trying to downplay instead of over-promise.

If the Scottish Gov leaked vaccine supply figures are to be believed then supply won't be an issue.

I dreamt Michael was on some  farming TV show, talking about cows and stuff. Then he said something like "Of course, soon the cows won't be out here, as we'll be preparing the farm for Glastonbury 2021". Then it skipped to the Wednesday and there was a grand opening ceremony, with loads of the performers in a parade. Kinda like the Olympics I suppose.

For the record, I dreamt The Cure were headlining 2019 before it was announced. I also dreamt in early 2020 (before Covid was a big deal) that something terrible was coming, something that would bring much sorrow, and would travel all over the world and be inescapable. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

amples i know of from back then were an xbox or playstation tent, Pimms, Rizla, and the 24 hour rave place in the markets (energy24?)

AHH I remember working the Rizla Cafe when it was in one of the market areas, between New bands and Other Stage, possibly 97/98?

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’m fairly sure in 2005 I turned up at the Crown bar to see Mani do a DJ set and he refused when he saw the tent was sponsored by Budweiser.

I was the security supervisor in that tent, think it was 2004. Was it near the then Jazz stage?

21 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I saw We Are Scientists play in an Orange tent once that might have had another sponsor. Could have been Smirnoff?

Maybe the actual Orange Recharge tent who were the sponsors before they came EE? 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They've been saying supply is the rate limiting factor for ages but they're still dishing out more and more vaccines every day. It genuinely seems that for once they're trying to downplay instead of over-promise.

If the Scottish Gov leaked vaccine supply figures are to be believed then supply won't be an issue.

Raab on Beeb said 15mil jabs initially followed by additional 17mil by spring. Not very inspiring when 50mil jabs needed for phase 1.

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I dreamt Michael was on some  farming TV show, talking about cows and stuff. Then he said something like "Of course, soon the cows won't be out here, as we'll be preparing the farm for Glastonbury 2021". Then it skipped to the Wednesday and there was a grand opening ceremony, with loads of the performers in a parade. Kinda like the Olympics I suppose.

For the record, I dreamt The Cure were headlining 2019 before it was announced. I also dreamt in early 2020 (before Covid was a big deal) that something terrible was coming, something that would bring much sorrow, and would travel all over the world and be inescapable. 

Ever had any numbers come to you in a dream?

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Alright Joseph, keep us updated if you have dreams about ears of corn.

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

15mil x 2 is 30mil vaccines needed.

Yes. But the problem is that so often when a politician speaks you can never quite tell whether they mean people or doses. Actually to be fair that's not just limited to politicians, just about everyone is guilty of it.

I didn't watch the thing with Raab, and have no intention of doing so, so I don't know if he was explicit one way or another but so far the government focus seems to be on first doses ie getting as many people as possible covered to a reasonable level. Which may make things interesting in just over a couple months time when second jabs start to come due in decent numbers - but by then we'll likely added Janssen and quite possibly Novavax to the supply.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ever had any numbers come to you in a dream?

Yes, last month. Unfortunately I'm not very good at remembering numbers....

11 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Alright Joseph, keep us updated if you have dreams about ears of corn.

Funnily enough, there was a segment on this dream tv show where Michael and the presenter were walking through a field of corn, and talking about this new strain of corn which is stronger and much more resistant to pests, fungus, disease etc. 🤔

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes. But the problem is that so often when a politician speaks you can never quite tell whether they mean people or doses. Actually to be fair that's not just limited to politicians, just about everyone is guilty of it.

I didn't watch the thing with Raab, and have no intention of doing so, so I don't know if he was explicit one way or another but so far the government focus seems to be on first doses ie getting as many people as possible covered to a reasonable level. Which may make things interesting in just over a couple months time when second jabs start to come due in decent numbers - but by then we'll likely added Janssen and quite possibly Novavax to the supply.

Also Moderna production in Q2 is planned to be a lot higher and is suitable for the mass vaccination centres. We’re running a pilot with it here this weekend (our mass vaccination hubs aren’t due to be operational til the OX/AZ shot comes on stream, which now hopefully looks to be about a month earlier than planned). Anyway, GPs and practice nurses getting shots at 3 high throughput centres this weekend to road test them using our unexpected Moderna delivery. Reports from yesterday were that it went smoothly, so while we all have fewer of them ordered, looks like they fit neatly into the big hubs without too much bother. If ye get the pre-filled syringes from Spain, then they are even easier to handle. 

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Whenever government wishes to say little they put up a person who knows little for interview.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Singstar - that was it.

And yep, I think you're right. After I listed those I was thinking I'd been told about them as part of a convo about them ending.

The Snug was the place with Singstar. It was there in 2009.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-snug-line-up-revealed/

41 minutes ago, incident said:

With Moderna likely to join them within a few weeks of starting the second doses.

I'm guessing we'll see a drop off in people receiving their first dose until the Moderna stock arrives, at which point we may well practically resume where we left off without having to do second dose alongside first dose.

Although, I suspect we'll never get beyond that level of administering first doses, as any additional capacity we gain at that point will be offset by having to keep pace with the increases in first dose we're seeing now.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Clarified when Moderna is likely to be available