Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It depends on the individual countries obviously.

But if we don’t require at artist to have a vaccine and they get booked for a paying job to perform here, are you saying they won’t take it unless they’re vaccinated?

I didn’t say that. I quoted my original post so you can read it again.

The government are making it very clear what the situation is. No mass gatherings until all adults have had the opportunity to have a vaccine. Organisers can see this.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In your original points you claim to know that festivals know they won't be allowed to happen until everyone has been vaccinated.

Some might be guessing that, and you might be guessing that. It's bollocks for you to claim you know

No I didn’t? Read it again.

The government are making it clear that large scale events won’t be happening until everyone has been OFFERED a vaccine. Which they’ve set target of autumn  2021

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nope. Just not sinking to the levels of a troll account on this forum

Absolutely not a troll account. Is this cause I have a quote of you in my bio saying that California was gonna vote republican lol- cause that isn’t trolling that’s just a friendly reminder of the most incorrect prediction I’ve ever heard. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

No I didn’t? Read it again.

The government are making it clear that large scale events won’t be happening until everyone has been OFFERED a vaccine. Which they’ve set target of October 2021

So your ‘source’ is actually the Government, who’ve said nothing like what you’re suggesting they have. 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So your ‘source’ is actually the Government, who’ve said nothing like what you’re suggesting they have. 

Noooooo for gods sake

The government have made it clear that it’s going to take beyond summer to offer the vaccine to all adults.

I have heard that many events organisers can see the writing on the wall. Due to mutant strains and the fact that events in the US are moving from summer already.

Sometimes I feel like people deliberately misinterpret what I mean.

Edited by Matt42
  • Downvote 2

They’ve made it very clear..

Meanwhile, our last update which has been reinforced since in replies she’s made to various people. 
You have been told before, you talk in absolutes and more often than not they bite you in the arse.

You are right in predicting the festival probably won’t happen, but you have no evidence to suggest that’s an absolute right now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Celebrities won’t be able to get the vaccine privately for a long time either. No one can commit to travel.

That’s not strictly true. Especially in the US. I know of medical centres offering spare capacity vaccine to medical reps to ensure it’s used. 

this is only a very small step away from private individuals being able to pay and jump the queue. 

if rock stars want it they will get it

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Noooooo for gods sake

The government have made it clear that it’s going to take beyond summer to offer the vaccine to all adults.

I have heard that many events organisers can see the writing on the wall.

BUT WHERE???

Edit: oh so now you’ve changed what you’re saying.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No, I just don’t think you articulate your points very well. You have a habit of dropping absolutes in an extremely obnoxious way, and then talk down at anyone who argues before eventually getting defensive.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yes, but that’s completely different to what you were repeatedly saying isn’t it?

Which to be clear was:

The government are making it clear that large scale events won’t be happening until everyone has been OFFERED a vaccine. Which they’ve set target of October 2021

Can we confirm that you’re now rowing back on the above statement?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes, but that’s completely different to what you were repeatedly saying isn’t it?

Which to be clear was:

The government are making it clear that large scale events won’t be happening until everyone has been OFFERED a vaccine. Which they’ve set target of October 2021

Can we confirm that you’re now rowing back on the above statement?

Tbf he also though trump would win california at the last election. I wouldn't take his announcements that seriously.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I have heard that many events organisers can see the writing on the wall.

Heard where?

Is that why more are being announced as on and rescheduled on pretty much a weekly basis for later this year?

Where's all the cancellation announcements then?

26 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Heard where?

Is that why more are being announced as on and rescheduled on pretty much a weekly basis for later this year?

Where's all the cancellation announcements then?

It ends up becoming the same legal scenario as last year, you dont cancel until the government says so. Nobody will say a word until that happens. Insurance pay outs yet again. Glasto is prepared for whats to comes, its just a matter of what the result will be. If they are told it wont happen then theyll  announce another roll over. If its happening theyll announce  a line up and safety stuff with probably a 2022 rollover if you want.

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It ends up becoming the same legal scenario as last year, you dont cancel until the government says so. Nobody will say a word until that happens. Insurance pay outs yet again. 

except no one has insurance for covid cancellation for this year (and plenty of insurers haven't paid out on last year).