Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

6 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Thank you!

I don’t think that’s particularly negative (and I usually ere on the side of caution with my optimism!) To me that could read either way, sounds to me like she’s just responding enthusiastically in general.

I had a strange dream last night. Emily, Michael and guests were on TV for a New Years Eve special. It was just them talking, some small sets, etc. Like a Glasto hootenanny. It was only in a little studio set but...

...at midnight they knocked the back down to reveal the pyramid stage behind them, and on it was Macca playing!

19 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The headline is misleading though. It's not exactly what he said

I wonder if he had some PR coaching before he went in for his jab  ? - its neither a confirm nor deny about 2021 

55 minutes ago, ivan said:

I wonder if he had some PR coaching before he went in for his jab  ? - its neither a confirm nor deny about 2021 

I reckon after his “definitely happening with millions of people” video the other day, the rest of the team might have suggested he reigns it in a little... just in case  

25 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well more that there isn't any new information.

Exactly

30 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Posts seem to be petering out on this thread. A sign that optimism is being extinguished? 🤔 

The 2021 headliners thread is alive and kicking however, or maybe we should just close that thread given you're so certain it's not going to happen?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Exactly

The 2021 headliners thread is alive and kicking however, or maybe we should just close that thread given you're so certain it's not going to happen?

It keeps people occupied. Let 'em dream on, it doesn't hurt anyone. People don't want to surrender to reality quite yet.

42 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Not given up hope but despite the prospect of mass vaccination the numbers are heavily going the wrong way. Going to take more than the vaccination of the elderly & vulnerable to sever the serpents head. Mrs L's unit now getting more admissions of working age than elderly/vulnerable. Seen similar data being published by London hospitals.

Edited by Lycra

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Not given up hope but despite the prospect of mass vaccination the numbers are heavily going the wrong way. Going to take more than the vaccination of the elderly & vulnerable to sever the serpents head. Mrs L's unit now getting more admissions of working age than elderly/vulnerable. Seen similar data being published by London hospitals.

I appreciate you’re in a better position to comment on such a thing, but at the same time how can such a swing even be possible, unless the vaccine is having a unlikely early impact?

692DE6F9-337D-4504-88DC-83EDD8C760F8.jpeg

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I appreciate you’re in a better position to comment on such a thing, but at the same time how can such a swing even be possible, unless the vaccine is having a unlikely early impact?

692DE6F9-337D-4504-88DC-83EDD8C760F8.jpeg

Graph shows rates per 100,000 of each age group. You need to consider the population size of each age group in order to make a true comparison of number of cases presenting by age. 

• Upvote 1