Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

41 minutes ago, Lycra said:

The AZ will barely have had a chance to make a dent by end Jan even if they begin using it next week.

Yeah but they'll be an indication as to how the vaccination rollout is going in terms of numbers. And they'll be some indications with the vaccinated how its going and if the first dose offers substantial protection.

There is the the potential for 2m vaccinations to be carried out a week, which is the same amount of confirmed Covid cases we’ve had in nearly a year, not a bad ratio. We’d already done 500k on Monday with a vaccine significantly harder to administer on a mass scale. Once it gets going it won’t take long to make a difference, obviously it won’t be instant.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Omni Calculator thing. Official at the current time estimated time.

Official? 😅

2 hours ago, incident said:

I think you need to revisit your definition of the words "official" and "NHS resource".

Agreed

1 hour ago, Col!n said:

Hope that him saying 'millions of people' isn't meaning that they're planning a virtual festival, but I'm probably reading too much into it.

He said ‘down in Pilton’ 

I hope for Michaels sake just as much as all of us that a safe festival can happens next year.  He deserves a proper 50th celebration.