Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

19 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Same. It's my Oxfam volunteer plan. Really Interested in their new lay out and plan not to announce any acts until immediately before the festival.

Their whole interactive experience festival has been interesting to me since pre Corona.

I've been wanting to go for years, but don't want to spend too much time away from the family. Only reason I didn't go in 2018 was because it was their turn to have me. Next year, I reckon I can actually go.

21 hours ago, Lycra said:

The chances of Government coming through with insurance for GFL is deminishing with each passing day of the pandemic. Even an exact duplication of the lauded German scheme would not help as it applies to German festivals in 2021H2. And, as with any insurance scheme, it entails paying a premium with any pay out subject to excesses and limits. Consider the conseqences if the UK were to bring in a similar scheme which did include GF. The risk of a pay out would probably be rated as high or very high and presumably GFL's premium fee be high too. With GF being the largest festival its cancellation and would have serious consequences for the scheme finances. Including such a potentially high risk high payout policy within the insurance portfolio may be to the detriment of other festivals as their premiums may well be inflated disproportionately to their risk in order to generate cover capitol for the larger event.

The government will either underwrite insurance for the entire industry or they won’t, Glastonbury’s size had nothing to do with it.

if Germany’s scheme is worth £2.5bn, and if our events industry is even half the size of theirs, how much of a percentage of that figure do you seriously think Glastonbury costs to put on?

Just now, BFisherr said:

If this is to be believed, who do we think the provisional returning headliner is? We thought Taylor had a better chance of coming back in 22 than 21 anyway right? 

Yeah Taylor would make sense, all the talk around her returning to European festivals was that she was planning to return in 2022. 

20 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Not sure how real this account is

I'm intrigued at how they have retweeted the s*n article saying nothing had been decided on Friday and there was a state of play discussion on Monday and then is able to confirm outcome of talks by 10am.

Surely it would take longer than an hour?