Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

46 minutes ago, incident said:

Quite.

While I can't be arsed to find the raw data to generate a real percentage, this is the current state of play with regards to admissions by age, and shows how hospitalisations are massively skewed to the older population.

image.png.ab99d37dd59a3c6751463951a29e41c7.png

Source - ONS & PHE

That’s significantly (if not actually) closer to 1 in 100,000 hospitalised under 40 then 1 in 100. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s significantly (if not actually) closer to 1 in 100,000 hospitalised under 40 then 1 in 100. 

so 2 from 200,000 .... Glastonbury population  .... without taking account of the numbers that have been jabbed already .... when its fairly common to get deaths in a standard year 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know quite a few people in their 20s who’ve had covid and it’s literally a cough for a few days and losing your taste for 5-7 days. 

for balance I know someone that age who was bed ridden for 2 weeks .... this really tells us not a great deal edit actually she must be younger .... just started at uni 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know quite a few people in their 20s who’ve had covid and it’s literally a cough for a few days and losing your taste for 5-7 days. 

I’m in my 30’s and so is my wife.  Have felt absolutely awful for 2 weeks.  Still can’t taste anything at all and feeling very down about the whole thing.

6 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

That's odd he would say it outta nowhere, but even still he is entitled to his opinion

Does make me think wonder if we will get word before a announcement from word getting out they've started asking Artists if they'll play - as it seems McCartney wouldn't

It's not about whether it's 'his opinion'.

Describing Glastonbury as a "Superspreader" event was really tactless especially when so much charity money is riding on the event and, lo, the BBC have turned it into a very negative headline.

And he shouldn't have said it was cancelled either unless he made it clear he was speculating. 

0/10 for tact and diplomacy.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

99.99% chance of it, it's better for them if they have the money

Nice, makes sense, I was planning on proposing to my partner at GF20, and it’s slowly slipping away! Just hate the idea of loosing our tickets as she’s wanted to go her whole life!

Fingers crossed

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Describing Glastonbury as a "Superspreader" event was really tactless especially when so much charity money is riding on the event and, lo, the BBC have turned it into a very negative headline.

And he shouldn't have said it was cancelled either unless he made it clear he was speculating. 

absolutely ... he could potentially do damage to the festival industry and not just Glastonbury in the summer ahead even if Glastonbury tried to go ahead now ... hes caused them issues ... I might give him a ring and see if he can join the resale team as hes doing a job of putting tickets back in the pot for us ...

14 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Nice, makes sense, I was planning on proposing to my partner at GF20, and it’s slowly slipping away! Just hate the idea of loosing our tickets as she’s wanted to go her whole life!

Fingers crossed

It’s lose, not loose.

I see people loosing their shit far more than losing their shit these days and it’s got to stop.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

By the sounds of it, Macca's heard that the festival's not going ahead next year, but forgot that it hadn't (yet) been made public. An honest mistake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/18/newcastle-manager-steve-bruce-shocked-by-effect-of-covid-on-players?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

18 minutes ago, henry bear said:

By the sounds of it, Macca's heard that the festival's not going ahead next year, but forgot that it hadn't (yet) been made public. An honest mistake. 

I have no idea if the festival will go ahead next year, yet the last few pages have made Macca sound like a know nothing Italian journalist, who is spreading football transfer rumours on Twitter.

35 minutes ago, henry bear said:

TBH that's what I think.

As he was going to play this year and as G was going to try to roll 2020 headliners over to 2021 Macca is probably more in the loop than most.......

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Maybe he knows it’s cancelled and wasn’t speculating? That’s what it sounded like to me, a slip of the tongue.