Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

I’m slightly anxious about the scenario that the festival manages to happen because enough vaccines are rolled out by June (something I think is 50/50 right now), but international travel isn’t yet back on its feet so everyone who’d fly on for it can’t make it.

Given that possibility, and the reality that some people won’t want to go no matter how many times Boris Johnson tells them it’s safe, I think it’s possible they may offer a rollover to 2022 for ticket holders even though 2021 will happen. I could see them offering that to international ticket holders, over 60s and frontline workers. 

Edit: I’ve just remembered my registered address is in the UK because I wanted my parents to take delivery and avoid the international post. Goddammit. 

Similar concerns for our group of 6 in Melbourne.  Wondering whether a roll over to 2022 is possible or whether we'd just have to hand the tickets back if international travel is still on hold.

I think it will come down to the wire, but obviously hoping to be there in June 2021.

The prospect of a 14 day quarantine on a return to Australia (even if we can get out at all) might be the final straw for us.

58 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Similar concerns for our group of 6 in Melbourne.  Wondering whether a roll over to 2022 is possible or whether we'd just have to hand the tickets back if international travel is still on hold.

I think it will come down to the wire, but obviously hoping to be there in June 2021.

The prospect of a 14 day quarantine on a return to Australia (even if we can get out at all) might be the final straw for us.

I think you'll be able to enter the u.k. with a test, might still be a 5 day quarantine though. 

If Australia won't let you back in without a 2 week quarantine then I don't think the festival will roll tickets over as it's not their fault you can't attend.

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Also not just about quarantine- might be difficult and expensive to get flights either way. Lots of Aussie’s still not able to get home now! 

I just did a search for flights in June, out of interest, and there are actually some great deals. Cathay Pacific coming in at under $1,500 (AUD). But there's no way I'm booking anything yet. As @BlackZeppelin said, it'll come down to the wire for many of us overseas folk and getting back into Australia might be problematic (if I have to quarantine in a hotel at my own expense for two weeks, that's a no-deal situation, for example).

Hopefully vaccines will have a mass rollout earlier than expected and there'll be clarity in enough time.

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Island advantage. Shame we didn’t have that. Oh wait we did 🤦‍♂️

The virus was possibly in the UK in the autumn of 2019 so unless all flights and ferries etc were grounded in late August 2019 you would not have been able to stop it coming in .

2 minutes ago, ivan said:

The virus was possibly in the UK in the autumn of 2019 so unless all flights and ferries etc were grounded in late August 2019 you would not have been able to stop it coming in .

I know. We’re also a major international hub so unless the whole world stopped moving we wouldn’t have stopped it coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

I went for the “glasto 2019 vlog” this morning, I don’t care , even if it’s for one day I’m letting myself get excited about this , Glastonbury 21 I am ready, see you in the fields ! 

I love a vlog, share it!

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

It’s just one on YouTube not mine unfortunately, but I’ve watched this one a fair few times when I’ve had a down day and it picks the mood up ! 

I’ve watched that a few times. They’ve done that really well. I love the greenery and the footpaths in it. There’s also a really positive vibe, all the way through.