Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

God bojo is annoying innit.

I feel like once vaccines roll out and things start moving to normality again the public will vote him in again. Cognitive dissonance 

Yeah, the public might be prepared to vote him in again, but I doubt he'll be interested in sticking around that long. He's clearly not enjoying it anymore, and he'll make a killing with a couple of part time adviser / director roles and giving the odd speech.

I think as soon as this is out of the way, and before the worst long term effects of Brexit are hitting us, he'll look to make an exit while he can still proclaim himself a success.

7 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

This morning I was certain, after that press conference and the fact they are really pushing Easter normality I'm 100% sure it’s on, brothers bar are gonna need some serious stock! :D

Me and my mates decided too start the Wednesday morning off with a Brothers cider at 1030 one year, that was fun.

3 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Top effort!! Whilst in the queue?! Start it off with two this year and with the added freedom it will be even better 😝 

Nah we took camper bans that year so had parked up in the CV field on the Tuesday night, which meant we were on site early doors.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Yeah, the public might be prepared to vote him in again, but I doubt he'll be interested in sticking around that long. He's clearly not enjoying it anymore, and he'll make a killing with a couple of part time adviser / director roles and giving the odd speech.

I think as soon as this is out of the way, and before the worst long term effects of Brexit are hitting us, he'll look to make an exit while he can still proclaim himself a success.

List of things Johnson can point to as successes of his government since taking office:

-

1 hour ago, rascalpete said:

This morning I was certain, after that press conference and the fact they are really pushing Easter normality I'm 100% sure it’s on, brothers bar are gonna need some serious stock! :D

I even dream about being at Brothers Bar. Traditional Wednesday lunchtime meet ups for us. I know it will make me blissfully happy in 2021. 

I'm more positive than I've been since this whole covid pandemic began that Glasto has a good chance of going ahead. It now all depends on how vaccines can suppress the case numbers. After reading the negative from Bearded Theory organisers on testing before entry, I'm wondering if the way forward lies with only certifified vaccinated persons being allow to attend. This would be similar to the way in which certain countries only allow accept yellow fever vaccinated travellers to enter their country 🤔

Just now, Lycra said:

I'm more positive than I've been since this whole covid pandemic began that Glasto has a good chance of going ahead. It now all depends on how vaccines can suppress the case numbers. After reading the negative from Bearded Theory organisers on testing before entry, I'm wondering if the way forward lies with only certifified vaccinated persons being allow to attend. This would be similar to the way in which certain countries only allow accept yellow fever vaccinated travellers to enter their country 🤔

0% chance.

Because the vaccine won't have been sufficiently distributed by June.

It'll be done via testing, 2 tests in the week or so before the event, the last a day before. If both come back negative then it links to your reg and you can go. If you test positive then you don't travel to the site, you log onto Seetickets and roll your ticket to 2022. It's not fool proof and open to some element of lying but nothing's perfect and is before any vaccine has been taken into account.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Yeah, Glastonbury pride themselves on fairness, so unless everyone has been offered a vaccine they definitely won't do that.

Safe to assume that at most 10% of young people will have had the full vaccine by June. There's no chance of making it a requirement in any circumstance.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It'll be done via testing, 2 tests in the week or so before the event, the last a day before. If both come back negative then it links to your reg and you can go. If you test positive then you don't travel to the site, you log onto Seetickets and roll your ticket to 2022. It's not fool proof and open to some element of lying but nothing's perfect and is before any vaccine has been taken into account.

I think this is the most realistic solution by far.

Nothing will be foolproof but this is good enough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Excellent idea. As you allude to some may hedge their bets a little and roll over to 2022 for a preferred lineup and as a result it will be a little harder to get tickets but its a small price to pay to alleviate some of the stresses of testing positive and not been able to go.