Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so what are peoples thoughts for indoor gigs then ? is March too optimistic ? 

March might be doable but I think this sort of time period depends on them being able to lock in cheap testing. I don't think we'll be at a point where the vaccine will be having a hugely noticeable effect yet, that'll be further into spring.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

is that in response to my question ? I hope so :) if it is 

Ha no, sorry mate! March still seems a tad early for indoor gigs but hey, they might up with a decent crowd for the darts coming up so who knows. I can see some gigs going ahead, maybe pilots, but It’ll be complex because the acts need to be able to make money from it, which seems impossible if you’re looking at such small numbers. I’d reckon any tours currently booked in for March won’t happen, but you may have some people popping up with last minute shows if it allows (thinking Frank Turner for one)

Still at 50:50 even with the Oxford news.

I feel we need to be back at something close to ‘normal’ by March for the go/no-go.

Also a bit worried about mutations, which will banjax a vaccine rollout. 

Will feel more confident when the parents and in-laws get jabbed. Too much conjecture about timescales at the moment.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so what are peoples thoughts for indoor gigs then ? is March too optimistic ? 

This is a couple of months old but one music promoter was aiming for 8th April. That still feels slightly ambitious to me just now but if everything goes to plan that might just work out perfectly.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This is a couple of months old but one music promoter was aiming for 8th April. That still feels slightly ambitious to me just now but if everything goes to plan that might just work out perfectly.

That works for me; first gig I have is booked for the 11th.