Bad cover versions

danmarks

On 11/22/2020 at 9:05 AM, rubenz said:

I see your take that and raise you a Coldplay! 

Jesus that is dreadful. I usually defend coldplay as an alright band but that is just awful.

Whenever bad covers comes up I always remember this from a iron maiden covers album kerrang gave away

Also if you love bad covers just listen to the punk goes x series of albums. Some absolute howlers on those. No idea how they are still going

Although an interesting addition - I'm no sure this counts as a proper cover. It's actually the intro to their own song 'Christmas Lights'. He's just slotting in a few of the lyrics into the intro of a Coldplay song - probably relatively on the cuff. He was mates with Adam Yauch who died that year so I think we can forgive him. 

Edited by danbailey80

17 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

Finally given up and listened to this.  It's quite a thing. It's somewhere between Vic Reeves' club singer, Elton John's lockdown version of I'm Still Standing and Bob Dylan's completely unintelligible period.

Take a bow Jon. You've created a little slice of Christmas magic.

• Upvote 1

So I avoided this for a good couple of weeks and now watching it, it's not so bad. 

If you want to see a properly awful version, I've got you covered:

I saw them do the same thing at IOW that year. Just as inept. Not sure what's going ion, but the band obviously couldn't be arsed to learn the song for the tribute and just look on vaguely embarrassed. Shit.

23 hours ago, Quark said:

Finally given up and listened to this.  It's quite a thing. It's somewhere between Vic Reeves' club singer, Elton John's lockdown version of I'm Still Standing and Bob Dylan's completely unintelligible period.

Take a bow Jon. You've created a little slice of Christmas magic.

That's a lot more eloquent than my reaction, which was simply "fuckin' hell"

• 1 month later...