Bad cover versions

danmarks

32 minutes ago, priest17 said:

theres a recorded version but it's somehow worse? I have a soft spot for Miles bit he's at his most cringe here

Miles Jane doing Hot Stuff at QOTSA @ Finsbury Park in 2018 was horrific. Especially as it was 35⁰, he was wearing a skintight white get up and the whole horrendous interview thing had come out. Not great. 

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Miles Jane doing Hot Stuff at QOTSA @ Finsbury Park in 2018 was horrific. Especially as it was 35⁰, he was wearing a skintight white get up and the whole horrendous interview thing had come out. Not great. 

I was there and missed that thankfully. I like the bloke though, you need to ride the super cringey moments to get on board with his okay moments. If you don't like shouty Bois who stand with their legs obnoxiously apart and point at the crowd every 17 seconds he's not really for you ahah.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They covered Bowie’s Moonage Daydream on the Pyramid in 2016. It was pretty good I thought.

Aye, probably set of the day for me (although I did spend the first half of the day in the Avalon Inn desperately trying to convert my hangover into drunkenness)

Love The Killers in every way but this was painful to watch live - for context Liam Gallagher was the surprise guest that day and came on stage before they were meant to do this but he declared he was 'absolutely w*nkered' before walking off so it seems Brandon had to improvise 

Edited by Chapple12345

16 hours ago, Waterdeep said:

Really not enjoying the recent spate of maudlin, acoustic singer songwriter type covers of tracks that often weren't great to begin with. We've only just begun, rhythm of the night, forever young etc. See any recent Lloyds Bank advert for the latest flavour.

It's not recent! This has been my number 1 pet peeve for at least 10 years now. 

Surely, surely, marketing people have to come up with a new 'thing' soon. I implore them.. please..

13 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Sinead O'connor- Queen of Denmark

Somehow manages to drain all feeling and emotion out of it.

No way!! I have to say as a mega John Grant fan and having seen both of them do this live I can't agree with that. My husband and I both agree that she sings the shit out of it and he plays the shit out of it. I don't think Sinead is capable of faking it (I actually think that is part of all her mental health problems is that she has to be so method every time)