The worlds gone mad.. Ban all Xmas songs

guypjfreak

15 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Typical reply. You answer nothing 

The thing is, I think it’s really easy for people to insult each other on social media anonymously. I have loved efestivals for years. I used to be here under a different name (but forgot my password) and spent even longer just reading entries. In the real world,  people might think I’m a snowflake, but no one has ever called me that to my face.

I intend to go to the next efestivals meet up, I think it’s helpful to meet up in person.

From my experience of CrazyFool I don't think he'll have meant it the way it sounded Mr Boo. There are plenty of trolls on this forum but he's never come across as one to me. 

With regards to Snowmen melting, I watched The Snowman with my 2 year old daughter last night... first time I'd properly watched it.   It's heartbreaking really... gonna stick to DIsneyPlus with her till she's a little older.

2 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

From my experience of CrazyFool I don't think he'll have meant it the way it sounded Mr Boo. There are plenty of trolls on this forum but he's never come across as one to me. 

With regards to Snowmen melting, I watched The Snowman with my 2 year old daughter last night... first time I'd properly watched it.   It's heartbreaking really... gonna stick to DIsneyPlus with her till she's a little older.

Fair enough.

I agree that’s it’s a really sad ending to the snowman, but made better if you watch the snowman and the snowdog (spoiler snowman returns)

22 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

If I'm honest I don't actually know what a snowflake is but know its brandished as an insult so was surprised when I saw CrazyFools post and have chosen to assume he's equally unaware.

Thanks for the heads up on the snowdog program as well... will try her on that in the morning.

It basically means 'wet, weak, pathetic, cry-baby, easily offended', etc. It's a shite insult, right up there with 'man up' and 'grow some balls'.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:25 PM, guypjfreak said:

So I thought for a laugh if we could get say 30 songs and do a heal hurt game.. 

Here's 10 please add some of yours and then we'll start it.. Just a thought.. 

1. All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey
  2. “Last Christmas” by Wham!
  3. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Bublé
  4. “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber
  5. “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande
  6. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams
  7. “Do They Know It’s Christmas? (1984 Version)” by Band Aid
  8. “Fairytale of New York (feat. Kirsty MacColl)” by The Pogues
  9. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
  10. “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” by Frank Sinatra 
  11. It's Christmas so we'll stop... Frightened rabbit 
  12. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
  13. 'Just like Christmas' by Low
  14. Little drummer boy... Bing and Bowie.. 
  15. Christmas,, thanks for nothing.. Slow club.. 

33 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

It basically means 'wet, weak, pathetic, cry-baby, easily offended', etc. It's a shite insult, right up there with 'man up' and 'grow some balls'.

Thats worse than I thought so hope that wasn't intended and will leave it at that. (I prefer Mr Boos version if I'm honest and will don the label with pride).

Guypjfreak Can we add Christmas Time by the darkness to the list purely for the Bell End and Ring Piece references as I'm an easily amused child.

46 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Thats worse than I thought so hope that wasn't intended and will leave it at that. (I prefer Mr Boos version if I'm honest and will don the label with pride).

Guypjfreak Can we add Christmas Time by the darkness to the list purely for the Bell End and Ring Piece references as I'm an easily amused child.

It's all part of the toxic masculinity, macho bullshit that's way too prevalent in society at the moment. Owning it and wearing it with pride is definitely the way forward! 

As Idles sang: "This snowflake's an avalanche". 🙂

8 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Snowflake is a derogatory term often used against sensitive liberal types by republicans. 

I know which political side I support, so although calling me a snowflake is an insult, it’s one I will accept.

Sorry the snowflake bit was meant as a play on words and by no means as something offensive ... I choose my wording wrong as it was meant to relate to the snowman ️ post ... apologies for any offence caused ... I was called one myself and wasn’t offended by it as I tried to say ... clearly my use of my wording here wasn’t great and completely not funny ... apologies once again 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sorry the snowflake bit was meant as a play on words and by no means as something offensive ... I choose my wording wrong as it was meant to relate to the snowman ️ post ... apologies for any offence caused ... I was called one myself and wasn’t offended by it as I tried to say ... clearly my use of my wording here wasn’t great and completely not funny ... apologies once again 

As discussed in our other chat, no worries we are good. Thanks for this post and apology accepted.

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Guypifreak can we also have Merry Christmas everyone by Slade and Elton John’s step into Christmas. Got to love the 70s for Christmas tunes 😊

Ah. Another classic example of another ignorant somebody thinking that the world has gone mad, all because they don't have the compassion and or brain compacity to wake up and realise that there's a whole world of rich differences outside of their own dominant culture.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just for the record, I would happily see Churchill's statues pulled down. He was a prick.

One of my pals nearly started a riot when - for a 'laff' - he dry humped a statue of Maradona out side the Bombonera.

Pro tip: do not do this in La Boca, Buenos Aires. We had to do some very urgent crisis management to some very angry people.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of my pals nearly started a riot when - for a 'laff' - he dry humped a statue of Maradona out side the Bombonera.

Pro tip: do not do this in La Boca, Buenos Aires. We had to do some very urgent crisis management to some very angry people.

I misread that as Madonna and thought your mate dry humped a statue of Eva Peron. 

It's interesting to me, as f*ggot is the slur that I get shouted at me by meatheads the most these days, but back in the late 80s when this song came out it wasn't a slur at all in this country, moreso in the US and like many of the worst things in the world it has spread outwards from there.  Back then it was queer, poof and gayboy that I used to hear the most.

I personally am not someone that most would realise from my manner or outward appearance was anything other than a straight white male and if I'm honest I do nothing to counter that impression, not because of any concern about how people would treat me but more because I really don't think it makes one bit of difference to who I am what my sexual or romantic preferences are and they certainly don't define me.  As far as I'm concerned any one of us is capable of loving someone for the person they are, whether that person is the same gender is frankly an irrelevance. 

I don't judge others on who gives their winky a tingle or catches their eye and I would be grateful if others would come to the same opinion.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

As discussed in our other chat, no worries we are good. Thanks for this post and apology accepted.

Guypifreak can we also have Merry Christmas everyone by Slade and Elton John’s step into Christmas. Got to love the 70s for Christmas tunes 😊

Yes old son.. Can you add them or do you want me to do it.. I don't want to miss anyone's.. You how people can get the hump lolol 

1...All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey

2..“Last Christmas” by Wham!

3..“It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Bublé

4...“Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber

5..“Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande

6...“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams

7...“Do They Know It’s Christmas? (1984 Version)” by Band Aid

8..“Fairytale of New York (feat. Kirsty MacColl)” by The Pogues

9.“White Christmas” by Bing Crosby

10.. “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” by Frank Sinatra

11...Just like Christmas' by Low 

12....its Christmas so we'll stop .. By Frightened rabbit 

13....Merry Christmas everyone by Slade

14.... Elton John’s step into Christmas

15...Pearl jam.. Don't believe in Xmas 

Edited by guypjfreak

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

It's interesting to me, as f*ggot is the slur that I get shouted at me by meatheads the most these days, but back in the late 80s when this song came out it wasn't a slur at all in this country, moreso in the US and like many of the worst things in the world it has spread outwards from there.  Back then it was queer, poof and gayboy that I used to hear the most.

Yeah I was in New York for work a few years back, during a break in a meeting some of the Americans were going out for a smoke and asked if I wanted to join them. Without thinking I replied “yeah I could murder a fag right now...”

The looks I received.

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

The new term these days (well certainly when I was at school/college) is "walking aids" or just "aids" that sure made people avoid me. 

Edited by Kalopsia