The worlds gone mad.. Ban all Xmas songs

guypjfreak

I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets offended by having to listen to Xmas songs for 8 weeks none stop.......... Would they ban playing Xmas songs...???? 

So there banning the best and only one I like for one word which was recorded back in the day....

I'm sure other old songs have words that offed people but there not banning them .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-54999375

I'm sorry but the whole world has turned to soft arsed numptys get over it and leave things be.. 

I don't mean any offence to anyone on here just saying.. 

It's a non-issue, and shame on the BBC and other media for turning it into one.

The song hasn't been 'banned', they're just playing an alternative version which is, crucially by the way, endorsed by the band themselves as soon as yesterday. 

If you're that desperate to hear the original it's not difficult to do so, you just need to make your peace that on the random occasions you hear it on the radio it might sound slightly different.

Honestly, this whole thing is so overblown it's the folk like you who are getting upset about it who come across as soft arsed numptys.

No offence.  

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets offended by having to listen to Xmas songs for 8 weeks none stop.......... Would they ban playing Xmas songs...???? 

So there banning the best and only one I like for one word which was recorded back in the day....

I'm sure other old songs have words that offed people but there not banning them .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-54999375

I'm sorry but the whole world has turned to soft arsed numptys get over it and leave things be.. 

I don't mean any offence to anyone on here just saying.. 

It's playing the same song they've just changed a couple of words. Do you love the song or shouting a certain word?

It is interesting that the BBC radio stations are split between playing the original and this changed version. 

It’s this time of year I stop listening to the radio and make sure I have headphones in full blast to drown out the same crap songs I’ve heard a million times when I go into any shops. 

99% of Christmas songs are complete cheesy shite. Just because they mention Christmas people get excited about them when otherwise that crap wouldn’t get anywhere near a radio playlist. 

I know I’m in full on Grinch mode and I don’t care! 😝

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Dunno why they bothered making christmas songs after Wizzard did it to be honest

I suspect it's something to do with making shed loads of cash. Noddy Holder (who's band came out with the best Xmas song ever (in my opinion) once referred to that song as his best pension investment. That also was released in 1973 btw.

35 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s this time of year I stop listening to the radio and make sure I have headphones in full blast to drown out the same crap songs I’ve heard a million times when I go into any shops. 

99% of Christmas songs are complete cheesy shite. Just because they mention Christmas people get excited about them when otherwise that crap wouldn’t get anywhere near a radio playlist. 

I know I’m in full on Grinch mode and I don’t care! 😝

😭 see this is why we can't get along 

29 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

On a slightly related note, fuck that Mariah Carey one. It's awful.

😭 but Mariah is a Christmas angel you can't mean it

I knew i shouldn't have come into this thread 😣

14 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

😭 see this is why we can't get along 

😭 but Mariah is a Christmas angel you can't mean it

I knew i shouldn't have come into this thread 😣

You won’t like this thread. There is no spreading of joy here. 

A53C6F82-C79A-4D5C-B6B5-1BE8A4ABE77A.jpeg.2b60c81c9ec677319aed3e9967502534.jpeg

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 1

Imagine not enjoying Xmas songs.  How shit must this time of year be for you?  And that on top of all the other bad stuff we're all dealing with.

We, and several others I know, are going early and going hard with Christmas this year, because there's fuck all else happening for a good while yet.

This is the year to put aside your grinchiness and get tinseled up!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Imagine not enjoying Xmas songs.  How shit must this time of year be for you?  And that on top of all the other bad stuff we're all dealing with.

We, and several others I know, are going early and going hard with Christmas this year, because there's fuck all else happening for a good while yet.

YES !!!!! 😁😁😁😁🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hey, I've had Santa Yoda as my profile pic since mid-November. I'm no grinch, I just hate the Carey effort.

Is it the case that most people getting upset at the removal of a homophobic slur from a popular song are hetero? I think so.

It's not about being soft or woke - it's about understanding how minorities are oppressed by everyday language. When we choose to deal with that in the public realm, that's progress.

And radio versions of songs are NOT censorship. Nobody is suppressing the original version.

On another note, I generally dislike the Chirstmas songs, not because they're bad, but just because the same ones get overplayed. Hearing Slade while struggling through an oppressively-decorated  and overcrowded shopping centre is my idea of hell.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

This is EXACTLY how it should be.

Fuck you 2020, I’m getting the tinsel out in November.